PDA

View Full Version : bondoglass for door pods? *pic*

Rsx_03
04-27-2007, 10:01 AM
i want to add a little bondoglass to blend the ring into the door then paint it. if i drill little holes and scratch up the area i want to bondoglass, will it hold?
should i put a peice of cloth+resin first then bondoglass over it?

advice please

oh and i couldnt find nonharding clay, i filled the back of the ring in with silicone, is that just as good since it adds mass?

Rsx_03
04-27-2007, 07:57 PM
bump

WantedIsHere
04-27-2007, 08:01 PM
the kittyhair bondo will be fine... just rough it up really well if your going to apply it to plastic...

WantedIsHere
04-27-2007, 08:03 PM
and i wouldnt of used silicone to pack the speaker ring...too alte now tho... modeling clay is well i have only ever seen it talked about here and not anywhere else really and i have never used it or needed it. I just toss some left over strips of deadener or some cork diy gasket material behind the speaker and its always fine...

jrouter76
04-27-2007, 08:10 PM
and i wouldnt of used silicone to pack the speaker ring...too alte now tho... modeling clay is well i have only ever seen it talked about here and not anywhere else really and i have never used it or needed it. I just toss some left over strips of deadener or some cork diy gasket material behind the speaker and its always fine...I used silicone on my speakers i place it in between the speaker and the mdf ring and also on the mdf side that i mounted to the door and it seals just fine not a problem at all.

Rsx_03
04-27-2007, 08:13 PM
good so i dont have to wait for that resin to dry
its going to be a thick in some areas cause the ring is like 3/4" thick and i just screwed it to my door, doesnt bondo crack/warp? is bondoglass kitty glass?

i added the silicone to add mass to suposably add more midbass, plus i dont really like it being hallow behind it