PDA

View Full Version : door speakers

playboiij
04-26-2007, 02:52 PM
i got a pair of 4" speakers that i want to install but it would be my 1st time and i need some help. i played round w/ the door yesterday to see how i could take it off and im lost. somebody help me out..

i got a 1993 chevy caprice

azngotskills
04-27-2007, 10:13 PM
What do you mean? Can you be more specific? Have you tried a forum specific for your car to learn about vechicle specific info?

audiobahnuser18
04-27-2007, 10:14 PM
most door panel's are usually the same principle either they have clips behind them and that pop's off the bottom and top part's but sometimes there are screws you have to take out where you actually hold to shut the door etc..... just look around im sure u will see what im talking about:).

konechiwa
04-27-2007, 10:25 PM
yeah at first it is a bit strange.

I have 99 cavalier (chevy as well) and i have some screws at the very bottom of the panel, one in the panel for the side mirror (which is manual).

I don't know if this helps but this is what i do:

1) Unscrew all the screws in the panel. That way you don't forget to if you do one at a time.

2) Take off the side mirror panel (if you have one, i have to do it because it holds the main panel on if i don't)

3) Take off the window crank!! (should you have manual windows) Don't lose the clip! Its tiny and springy!

4) Pull on the panel and it comes off.

Then your done. Once you get used to it, you can take it off very quickly.