PDA

View Full Version : boston pro60 with jl 450/4

antonyku
04-26-2007, 01:30 AM
i am gonna install the boston with the jl amp. but i am confuse how the boston hook up to the amp. i am looking at the manual, and there is single input, bi wire/bi amp, daisy chain, all connected, those are the way to install the to the amp. which way should i do?

SQChevy
04-26-2007, 10:03 AM
The best way would probably be front channel on tweeters and rear channel on woofers and get rid of the crossover...then set up your amp to handle th right frequencies. This will give plenty of power to each speaker.

TreyE
04-26-2007, 10:08 AM
he is going to need to keep the crossovers on the bostons....they have the 0db -2db and -4db option on tweeters and also have coaxial/component option on midbass crossover...so you can still send front channel to tweeters and rear channel to midbass or w.e but keep the crossovers

wvufootball
04-26-2007, 11:22 AM
I would def bi-amp them. Give each speaker their own channel. That way you have the most control. Unless you go active. Good Luck that JL amp is going to make those comps sound NICE.

My advice to you is attenuate (sp?) the tweeter to -4 from the beginning on the xover. I think the tweeters are a little over powering with it set to 0.

TreyE
04-26-2007, 11:33 AM
I would def bi-amp them. Give each speaker their own channel. That way you have the most control. Unless you go active. Good Luck that JL amp is going to make those comps sound NICE.

My advice to you is attenuate (sp?) the tweeter to -4 from the beginning on the xover. I think the tweeters are a little over powering with it set to 0.

i have mine at 0db and love them...powered by a ZX550.2..i guess its all preference so just see which setting you like the most