PDA

View Full Version : How to install a 1 Farad cap??

LowLowBass
04-25-2007, 11:59 PM
What do i need to know, and how do i install a cap???

gl0ck
04-26-2007, 12:01 AM
hmm... Set on ground, unzip pants, pee onto but try not to get it inside the screw holes, Charge by plugging into house wall socket, then sell on ebay to some suspecting Feg.

Did i help?

jnralp00
04-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Start by getting rid of it. Do the big 3, evaluate... upgrade battery/alty if needed.

btlking
04-26-2007, 12:03 AM
first you run power wire back to wherever its goining then unscrew the nut ontop grab the original package and write return to sender then drop in mailbox and your all set

jmanpc
04-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Heres how I install a cap: First, I charge it by hooking the positive and negative to the battery respectively. Then, I run a wire from the positive to my right nut, from the negative to my left nut (preforably with alligator clamps on teh sack). Finally, I jump in the shower.

jnralp00
04-26-2007, 12:06 AM
wow^^

btlking
04-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Heres how I install a cap: First, I charge it by hooking the positive and negative to the battery respectively. Then, I run a wire from the positive to my right nut, from the negative to my left nut (preforably with alligator clamps on teh sack). Finally, I jump in the shower.

thats why yours dont work you have the positive hooked up to the wrong nut

blackbonnie
04-26-2007, 12:26 AM
i wouldnt use a cap, i would sell it for money to buy wire for the big 3. but if your set on it, first off if it comes with a resistor then you will have to charge it. to do that you will hold one end of the resitor on the power wire and the other end on the power terminal to charge it up, then you will just run positive from battery to cap positive, and then ground the other terminal, then just run the wire from your amp to the cap. you dont have to run your ground to the cap just your positive wire.

jmanpc
04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
thats why yours dont work you have the positive hooked up to the wrong nut

I knew something was wrong.

blackbonnie
04-26-2007, 10:43 AM
I knew something was wrong.

well go switch it and get back to us on how it works.