PDA

View Full Version : Do i need new tweeters?

ephyouckay
04-25-2007, 03:09 AM
My tweeters from the kicker ss65.2 comps started making static like noise on certain keys/notes. it not always noticeable and sometimes it is nonexistant. Depends on the song i think. anyways, are the tweeters shot? anything i can check to see if it can be something else??

if they are shot, am i able to pair up any tweeters to the xover? do i need to get something that matches the specs or would i be ok just pairing any tweeters i want?

any recommendations for tweeters for around $60? preferably under $100 shipped

Was looking at these DA tweeters. Im sure many of you are running these with your DA comps. How do you like them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Diamond-Audio-DTK-1-Component-Tweeter-Kit-NIB-NEW_W0QQitemZ130017805424QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3292QQ rdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

chucku
04-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Thats what my tweets did, when I pulled them, they were discolored and the dome was actually partially dissapated (missing,melted?) Check what your mids crossover points are and find a tweet that will play from that freq up. The tweets you listed have their own crossover but you should find some that play nice with the kicker ones.