PDA

View Full Version : What Amp Should I Consider?

Mongo
04-24-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm new to the Car Audio World and know not one thing about amps, so I need someone's help. First off, I drive a diesel 2005 Ram 2500 4X4 Quad Cab. I just purchased a Pioneer DEH-P490IB deck, Memphis MCSYNC6 6.5" Component speakers for the front, and Memphis M Series 5.25" Coaxials for the rear. Although I'm not into thumpin' holes in the concrete, I might consider an additional Sub, but no more than one 8" or 10". I want my music as crystal clear and rich as I can get it without being too bass-heavy or too treble-heavy. I'm looking to just go with the 6.5"s, and the 5.25"s to start, but want to give 'em more power. I'll likely add the sub at a later time. Can anyone make any suggestions as to what the best amp would be for what I have? I sure appreciate any input. I suppose a ballpark price would be around $200-250. Thanks!

denim
04-25-2007, 11:48 AM
hello

Kai Winters
04-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I have the Memphis 16-MCA3004 and it is quite nice and should be a good match for your Memphis speakers.
The sub really adds the bottom that completes music as long as it is at its' intended level. Some music has less bottom than others and it should not dominate unless that is its' intended purpose.