PDA

View Full Version : weird problem on friends stock radio

mtlhead
04-23-2007, 11:41 PM
So my friends rear passanger side speaker is really f'ed up...as soon as you start the car, the woofer on it goes crazy, and the more you push the gas the faster it gets...i dunno whats up with it

i checked the connections, but could find anything wrong with them...its a grand prix...not sure of the year, but all the other speakers are fine

everything is stock, any help is appreciated

budahbuddy803
04-23-2007, 11:46 PM
buy a new radio and speakers thatll do it. if not just drive the car into a lake

mtlhead
04-23-2007, 11:47 PM
thanks ****, but she doesnt want to buy new **** for the car, just wanna know whats up with the speaker and if it can be fixed

XanderMoser
04-24-2007, 12:31 AM
The whole "when she drives faster the noise gets faster" makes me think it has to do with a grounding problem introducing alternator noise. So...has anything been done to her car lately at all? Any work unrelated to audio that could have screwed up the electrical?

mtlhead
04-24-2007, 12:34 AM
The whole "when she drives faster the noise gets faster" makes me think it has to do with a grounding problem introducing alternator noise. So...has anything been done to her car lately at all? Any work unrelated to audio that could have screwed up the electrical?

thats what i thought, but i didnt find any grounding problems