PDA

View Full Version : crossovers with lights.

ls_monk
04-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Looking for a set of crossovers that have the tweeter protecton lights that light up when your driving them hard. If anybody has a set they can part with let me know.
Do all the high end crossovers have them?

DejaWiz
04-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Ummm... what brand and model speakers do you have?

You should never just run "any ole xover"... there are way too many variances between manufacturers and models such as build quality, power capability, crossover frequencies, etc.

ls_monk
04-23-2007, 09:30 PM
I would like to go with Kicker or Mb quart.

konechiwa
04-23-2007, 09:37 PM
yeah i need some crossovers too. My old Polk MOMO MMC6500 component set got the crossovers stolen...so i kinda need them.

If anyone has the momo crossover's for sale, send me a PM. haven't been able to find them on ebizzle.

billabongcr
04-23-2007, 09:41 PM
i have a set of kicker ks6.5s i used for a week, then i got my RE's. i poped a tinsel on one of the mids, but alittle solder will fix that. and ive never had the time to do it between class and work and sleeping. pm me and well talk.

^^thats open to anyone

ls_monk
05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Okie I got a set of mb quart RXE 216 from a fellow caraudio member. Hooked them up and one flashes lightly, the other doesn't. The tweeter is working but the light doesn't light up at all. If I get time tomorrow I am going to swap crossovers and see. Could it be my amp is out putting more to one side then the other and thats why this is happening. Everything is set and wired the same.

I also just bought a set of ARC AUDIO ACS 230 door speaker for my summer car. Anbody have any experience with these. I paid $140, they are new. I will be running these off a kicker kx 350.4

///M5
05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
You really, really shouldn't just swap crossovers. It is going to sound like *** and in this case all for a little light??

konechiwa
05-09-2007, 07:21 PM
You really, really shouldn't just swap crossovers. It is going to sound like *** and in this case all for a little light??

i used Arc Kar crossovers for my SlC's and they sounded great. Just make sure the crossover point is very close to the original and they can handle the power your giving them and your good to go.

donpisto
05-09-2007, 07:44 PM
i have crossovers from my boston z6 components. both work, though one of the crossover's light gets brighter much quicker than the other, not sure why. id sell em if anyone is interested, pm me.

dimond
05-10-2007, 11:49 PM
if your looking for a "lighted" crossover, look at MB Quart crossovers. Its actually a fuse that light up when your pushingt them hard. Y do you need it in the first place, your probably not going to even see your xovers after you install them in your doors im guessing?

ls_monk
05-13-2007, 01:10 AM
well actually I have them under the dash and at night you can see them. They are mb quRT RXE216 and they sound great wih aftermarket tweeters and factory midbass. Thats all I wanted out of the stereo in my winter beater.

Now off topic I just put in a stereo in my 99 avenger everything works great except the subs they play great at low volume but as soon as it starts bumping it cuts out for a bit. I replaced the amp with another. Still continues to cut out. So I am left with the headunit? or subs? The subs are 10" SVC JBL I have 2. If its the subs why would both cut out if it was the subs?
As for the headunit I tried swithing from the Non-Fading preouts to the Rear Preouts and it still continues. I tried running the subs (as trial) off a Kicker kx350.4 bridged to the ONE amp. I also tried running it off a Pioneer GM-7100m amp no difference.
I was thinking if it as the wire size then it would blow the fuse under the hood, right.
The headunit has 4.5 preouts and is a kenwood kdc-x915.

And last but not least they preouts are cheapy one. I have ran these ones before off a Kicker z240@4ohms and never had a problem though.

hurricanes0688
05-13-2007, 12:52 PM
i have some mtx crossovers with lights if any one wants ill sell em cheap to i dont need em

uap999
05-22-2007, 10:14 PM
go for MB QUART if you want SQ...