PDA

View Full Version : ID Horns

the727kid
04-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Can I have a little info on these please. Also how big of a difference is there between the CD1.V3 and the CD1 pro?

ngsm13
04-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Pretty vague.

What information are you looking for?

nG

the727kid
04-22-2007, 11:27 PM
What power they like, typical xover starting points for them.

Also how exactly do you mount htem?

ngsm13
04-22-2007, 11:34 PM
You only need like 25watts per side... real power. They would be SCREAMING.

Xover points, something ~1.6kHz @24dB/oct is a start.

Mounting. usually backstrap, or some sort of custom fabrication.

nG

the727kid
04-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Well I got the 100.4 to work with, which would probally be ~50 watts at 8ohms. Do you know the difference between those 2 sets or no? Also whats the disadvantage of going with the mini?

thehardknoxlife
04-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Installation
http://www.usdaudio.com/sw/cars/ctruck1/
http://www.usdaudio.com/tutorials/wg-tut1.php

X2 on low power, I had a set of the CD1's mini's that I demoed and later sold(wouldn't fit). 15-20 watts is enough. A song like "Earlybirds" by the Eagles could probably damage your hearing with alot of power. I couldn't stand that song listening to the horns, lol.

req
04-22-2007, 11:46 PM
cd1 pro can play a little lower than the cd1v3. both can mount to full lenses or mini lenses.

installation is under the dash perpendicular to the floor, longer part of the lense facing the opposite side of the car. the further back and toward the outside of the car, the better the stage\image usually.

installation is usually a backstrap on eaither side of the mouth flanges to somewhere under the dash, and one on a mounting bolt on the moter\lense holding the motor up.

they should be crossed at least 18db\oct or more. and they should be set as low as possible with a hefty midbass speaker. 50w will be way more than enough.

aside from that. a nice EQ setup (12+ bands should be a minimal point imo) would help a lot. there is a high end rolloff that *can* be helped out with a pair of tweeters up in the sail\a pillars from like 16khz+ to pull the stage up and further and make it wider. but thats totally optional.

i think thats about it.

not a huge difference in terms of the motors. but the pros should be able to go a litte lower. thats about it.

the727kid
04-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Ok well I plan on doing dual Germanium mid-bass. I saw you mentioned keeping tweets, I could keep the cal25s as well? I would have to run the Germs passive and the horns active if I did that though.

B_Campbell
04-22-2007, 11:54 PM
minis generally can't play as low as full bodies, but if you have strong midrange its nothing to really worry about.

if you have the room, go with the full bodies, and you do, because I used to own a eldorado... You will have to mod them a bit, but no more than you would have to mod minis I think.

req
04-23-2007, 12:00 AM
i have a pair of fullbodies that i could sell if you want them. i cant fit them and my CD2's in. i need to buy some CD2MH's to get the horns in my car.

if you have motors, or cd1s with minihorns. you could have these.

pretty good shape. i repainted them and then put second skin sludge on them to dampen them a bit.

PM me if you are interested.

the727kid
04-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Bump....any have a EQ they reccomend for the low?