PDA

View Full Version : Affordable boxes

onearmedbastard
04-22-2007, 01:32 AM
I know this may be a little broad but: Does anyone know the best place (cheapest) to get a custom box made? Im trying to get a custom 4-sub box for my 03 ranger extended and Im trying to find the best deals

Ali1
04-22-2007, 01:39 AM
you gotta find people on the forum that live close to you. there are a bunch of box builders on this forum. Find one that lives by. TTb, TCAB, woodlawn, Noltsaudio, are companies that charge atleast $200

dumple
04-22-2007, 01:41 AM
send a pm to belunt

htownplaya456
04-22-2007, 01:46 AM
www.innovativerides.com

They do very nice work and very cool people at that shop.

iamamp3pimp
04-22-2007, 02:18 AM
i could ship one to you, but it'd be far from cheap

ThomasG
04-22-2007, 02:20 AM
bjfish does great work

THUMPPER
04-22-2007, 01:53 PM
I would be carefull with purchasing the "Cheepest"
custom made enclosure...

you get what you pay for...

Showrides
04-22-2007, 01:55 PM
bjfish does great work

Agreed^^^

His prices are very fair, and the quality of the boxes are very good. Can't go wrong with him.

Ali1
04-22-2007, 07:30 PM
I would be carefull with purchasing the "Cheepest"
custom made enclosure...

you get what you pay for...

but with boxes, you can pay someone $500 to build you a box, and he will build you a box that is completely *****, tuned to 65hz, and everything is covered. You can build anyone a ****** box, all you need to do is carpet it and all the mistakes are hidden.

bjfish11
04-22-2007, 08:59 PM
but with boxes, you can pay someone $500 to build you a box, and he will build you a box that is completely *****, tuned to 65hz, and everything is covered. You can build anyone a ****** box, all you need to do is carpet it and all the mistakes are hidden.

Not necessarily.
The mistakes may not be able to be seen, but could probably be heard.

Ali1
04-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Not necessarily.
The mistakes may not be able to be seen, but could probably be heard.

well, the tuning to 65hz, you can obviously hear

bjfish11
04-22-2007, 09:26 PM
I can hear if a box is not sealed properly. Carpet may cover up a bad joint, but it wont stop the air.

Ali1
04-22-2007, 09:29 PM
nobody is as smart as you :)

bjfish11
04-22-2007, 09:29 PM

:laugh:

bjfish11
04-22-2007, 09:30 PM

But I do get what your saying. Just because you pay a lot for a box, still doesnt mean its a quality box. Thats where your builders reputation comes into play.

Mr Cabinetry
04-22-2007, 09:35 PM
you gotta find people on the forum that live close to you. there are a bunch of box builders on this forum. Find one that lives by. TTb, TCAB, woodlawn, Noltsaudio, are companies that charge atleast $200

Ali,

How in the he!! do you know what I charge for a custom designed and built enclosure???

YOU DON"T, so quit going around and saying ***** you don't have fr!ggin clue about.

Every customer specifications and requirements for what they want are completely different and THAT'S what determines the cost their going to pay.

Calikid
04-22-2007, 09:36 PM
where the fvck did he came from :confused:

bjfish11
04-22-2007, 09:36 PM
where the fvck did he came from :confused:

I dont know, but thats some good customer service.... :crap:

Mr Cabinetry
04-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Just because I'm not around and posting to the forum on a continual basis doesn't mean " I'm NOT around ".

Calikid
04-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Who R U???

Mr Cabinetry
04-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Who R U???

I'm the owner, designer and fabricator - Woodlawn Cabinetry

PV Audio
04-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah, who exactly are you lol.

And tilapia is right, you need to know who you're buying from more than what you're buying.

PV Audio
04-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Are you mr. salisbury?

Famous_78
04-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Are you mr. salisbury?

steak?

Mr Cabinetry
04-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Are you mr. salisbury?

:yes:

Ali1
04-22-2007, 10:27 PM
sorry, so you can build a ported box for four subwoofers and shipped to 60459 under $200?

Ali1
04-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Ali,

How in the he!! do you know what I charge for a custom designed and built enclosure???

YOU DON"T, so quit going around and saying ***** you don't have fr!ggin clue about.

Every customer specifications and requirements for what they want are completely different and THAT'S what determines the cost their going to pay.

i asked for a quote a few months ago for a pair of TypeRs, black carpet slotted, and you gave me a quote of "$245" plus shipping.

thats how i know... i'm trying to dig up the email, but i can't find it. So i would imagine building a box for four subs shipped would cost ATLEAST 200

Calikid
04-22-2007, 10:31 PM
pwnt

Mr Cabinetry
04-22-2007, 10:59 PM
i asked for a quote a few months ago for a pair of TypeRs, black carpet slotted, and you gave me a quote of "$245" plus shipping.

thats how i know... i'm trying to dig up the email, but i can't find it. So i would imagine building a box for four subs shipped would cost ATLEAST 200

Ali,

First off, Your the one that spent what, something like $ 265.00 for an enclosure from someone else and then you proceeded to rag on said enclosure for this, that and the other thing you didn't like about it.

Or, should I bring up the time you made a post on another forum looking for input on that same said enclosure and you got your azz handed to you because you didn't like the comments/opinions given after you created that post.

Then, there was another post yet on another forum you posted the same nonsense and got your azz handed to you again over the same d@mn enclosure.

Mind you, I haven't mentioned any names because I don't wallow in the same trough, but, for some reason only known to you, you just gotta start ***** and one last thing for the record, what transpires between me and my customers is none of your business.

You asked for a quote, you got a quote. You didn't like it, no problem, plenty of others folks out there doing the same thing and that's your business, but, your sticking you nose where it don't d@mn well belong and I don't have to justify to you what I do or don't charge.

BTW, I've never ripped off any customers, infer from that what you may.

Ali1
04-23-2007, 10:01 AM
What are you talking about?

Did i buy a TCAB? yes

was it loud and did i admit it was loud? yes

You think i got owned ? If you knew TCAB, you would realize that i was actually blessed that i RECEIVED a box. There are and have been numerous complaints about TCAB ripping off people. (probably the reason why he got banned from this forum a couple others)

how's the quality of the box? It didn't look like any of the pictures posted on his website. So did i learn from my mistake?

I bought a box from BELUNT, who lives nearby, which was better in quality AND half the price.

This thread is not about me.... it's about you and the thread starter.
You never answered my question.... Are you going to build him a poted enclosure for four subwoofers shipped to his zip code? Now, i don't know how much you guys charge for each individual, but i can only imagine it would be ATLEAST $200 if you asked for $245 for my box, which was a standard slotted enclosure for a pair of TypeRs. Don't get mad just because the orginal thread-starter asked for an enclosure for the lowest price possible, and i recommended the person to find someone nearby because chances are you will charge atleast $200.

You asked for a quote, you got a quote. You didn't like it, no problem, plenty of others folks out there doing the same thing and that's your business, but, your sticking you nose where it don't d@mn well belong and I don't have to justify to you what I do or don't charge.

Your the one who asked me " how do you know how much I charge for an enclosure" buddy and i responded by telling you that you quoted me "$245" for an ordinary slotted box for a pair of Rs, so i would imagine it would be atleast $200 for this person's box. Are you going to prove me wrong and build this man a ported enclosure for four subwoofers shipped to his house? If so, prove me wrong.....

Mr Cabinetry
04-23-2007, 11:17 AM
What are you talking about?

Did i buy a TCAB? yes

was it loud and did i admit it was loud? yes

You think i got owned ? If you knew TCAB, you would realize that i was actually blessed that i RECEIVED a box. There are and have been numerous complaints about TCAB ripping off people. (probably the reason why he got banned from this forum a couple others)

how's the quality of the box? It didn't look like any of the pictures posted on his website. So did i learn from my mistake?

I bought a box from BELUNT, who lives nearby, which was better in quality AND half the price.

This thread is not about me.... it's about you and the thread starter.
You never answered my question.... Are you going to build him a poted enclosure for four subwoofers shipped to his zip code? Now, i don't know how much you guys charge for each individual, but i can only imagine it would be ATLEAST $200 if you asked for $245 for my box, which was a standard slotted enclosure for a pair of TypeRs. Don't get mad just because the orginal thread-starter asked for an enclosure for the lowest price possible, and i recommended the person to find someone nearby because chances are you will charge atleast $200.

Your the one who asked me " how do you know how much I charge for an enclosure" buddy and i responded by telling you that you quoted me "$245" for an ordinary slotted box for a pair of Rs, so i would imagine it would be atleast $200 for this person's box. Are you going to prove me wrong and build this man a ported enclosure for four subwoofers shipped to his house? If so, prove me wrong.....

First off, I don't have to prove squat to you since it's none of your d@mn business as to the OP's inquiry for the enclosure.

Besides, the intent of my original post was not about providing a quote to the OP, the post was about YOU making comments about what I and other in the same business would charge for such and enclosure to which you should keep your pie hole shut until the day you decide that your going to start building enclosure and charging what you consider a fair price for what your time is worth to you.

Beside, the OP didn't even state what his spec's and requirements, so how in the he!! would anyone be able to give him a price, but, you sure as he!! seem to know what it would cost even before knowing what is situation is or what he is looking for.

If the OP wants a quote and if he feels inclined to do so, he can e-mail me and I'd be more than happy to provide him that quote and that would be between me and him....NOT YOU, so mind your own d@mn business and quit making statements to/about what someone would charge.

regal8r
04-23-2007, 01:02 PM
nvm..