PDA

View Full Version : Sealed box cutout too big for my 10W7?

ASpec818
04-21-2007, 04:55 PM
so i bought a sealed box online for my 10w7. When I try to mount it, there is space to move the W7 around. I tried to center the W7 as good as possible and one side would catch the wood with the screw but the other side would screw onto half the wood only and the other half would be in the cutout with nothing. One or two screws don't even catch any wood at all. Is this cutout slightly too big for my W7? There is currently a leak because the screws aren't tight in the wood. recommendations? solutions?

johnson
04-21-2007, 05:10 PM
When I try to mount it, there is space to move the W7 around. I tried to center the W7 as good as possible and one side would catch the wood with the screw but the other side would screw onto half the wood only and the other half would be in the cutout with nothing. One or two screws don't even catch any wood at all.
ok

Is this cutout slightly too big for my W7?

recommendations? solutions?
Put another piece of wood on the face of the box, glue and screw it, and cut the correct sized hole.

azbass
04-21-2007, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=ASpec818;2971835] When I try to mount it, there is space to move the W7 around. I tried to center the W7 as good as possible and one side would catch the wood with the screw but the other side would screw onto half the wood only and the other half would be in the cutout with nothing. One or two screws don't even catch any wood at all.

Is this cutout slightly too big for my W7? [QUOTE]

um duh