PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Mustang. The great debate

dom1410
04-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Yes, I know Convertibles **** for systems. Yes, I've went through this forum and still really don't have a clear answer to what may sound good in my Convertible.

So, I'm looking to add a LITTLE bump in the trunk. Would prefer single speaker design or small double enclosure design. I listen to rap, rb, country(Yes, what a combo).

Budget: Preferably under $500 which I think is a somewhat fair budget for what I'm looking for.

My system right now consists of a Alpine head unit with Pioneer 3-way 6x8's

Once again I'm looking for a LITTLE extra lowend I don't wan't the trunk rattling I just want to fill that low end void I have.

If there is any powered systems that would work like Bazooka, Alpine. JL Audio I'd be open to suggestions.

Thanks

Trey803
04-21-2007, 05:26 PM
basslink.....but none of the powered subwoofer systems are worth anything near what they cost

Eugenics
04-21-2007, 05:38 PM
they're not near as bad as everyone says. they dont get as loud... but who cares.

dom1410
04-21-2007, 06:32 PM
i did look into the basslink. Definetly could be a possibility.

AVSTANG02
04-22-2007, 03:11 PM
www.3.8mustang.com

ask these guys.

Showrides
04-22-2007, 03:14 PM
I was a member there many years back. Their car stereo section is lacking with the exception of a few great posters. But you may find an answer there.

And to the op, what year mustang do you have?

Louisiana_CRX
04-22-2007, 03:28 PM
In a convertible you might want to consider a pair of Aura Bass shakers to add with your sub ....Maybe a good quality 4 ch. amp about 75 wpc...Bridge the rear in a decent quality 10 and run the front ch's on the bass shakers....It should sound good if done properly...

dom1410
04-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Has anyone had any experience with the Basslink's? I would really like a quick install like this. Checked up on a few reviews and they seem to get the thumbs up for the most part.

2000Gator
04-23-2007, 02:35 AM
i had a 99 v6 with polks all the way around polk 4 channel and 2 10" subs. In my 94 gt vert i had 2 10" kickers and 4 speakers. Just get a good front stage with a headunit and any decent 10" subs and you will have a nice system. Convertible just means heavier car and not as strong of a body...chasis twist=no good. but the 94 came with stock sub frames :)

dom1410
04-23-2007, 03:39 AM
Ok, then lets try this thought a challenge for the members of caraudio forum. I only want 1 sub so do I do a 10" OR 12" what type of sub, what kinda of enclosure regular sealed or down firing? Lastly, what kinda amp to match the sub? Remember I can get a Basslink which would probably be OK for what I want but if I can match the $ with better product and better sound I'm in. Don't forget rap and country are the main focus and I don't need earth shaking bass. I don't want the trunk rattling like crazy if at all.

Zakerid
04-23-2007, 08:11 PM
i'll be putting some subs in my 99 conv. mustang... i was looking to use 8 inch "shallow mount" subs from pioneer premier. i'll be putting these in the rear speaker pods or somewhere around there.:ponder: we'll see how it turns out... i'm sure it won't be anything great but would def add some much needed bass.

CaliforniabOY5
04-23-2007, 08:14 PM
In a convertible you might want to consider a pair of Aura Bass shakers to add with your sub ....Maybe a good quality 4 ch. amp about 75 wpc...Bridge the rear in a decent quality 10 and run the front ch's on the bass shakers....It should sound good if done properly...

best idea out there.

UCF52
04-23-2007, 11:42 PM
it doesnt sound like you would be willing to do this, but i know Porsche has either a shallow mount 8" or 10" sub in the passanger side footwell. also, i have seen guys with s2000's fiberglass a box in the passanger side footwell for a shallow mount 10" sub. it would be nice to not sacrifice any trunk space, but their are other (better) alternatives out there. ehh, just thought i would throw it out there.

if you are interested in this, check out s2ki.com and search around for it. im pretty sure somebody did a write-up about it.

RCHB
04-29-2007, 04:37 AM
it doesnt sound like you would be willing to do this, but i know Porsche has either a shallow mount 8" or 10" sub in the passanger side footwell. also, i have seen guys with s2000's fiberglass a box in the passanger side footwell for a shallow mount 10" sub. it would be nice to not sacrifice any trunk space, but their are other (better) alternatives out there. ehh, just thought i would throw it out there.

if you are interested in this, check out s2ki.com and search around for it. im pretty sure somebody did a write-up about it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pded9e8c9ae3857ced6ef5cdf8c36d06c/e9e45886.jpg

heres my setup in my s2000. a little overkill maybe(12w7).
just finished the box, need a HU first to hear it.
i let you guys know if i think convertables really do **** for systems, i like to learn from first hand experience.

UCF52
04-29-2007, 11:43 AM
i just realized how shallow the footwell is in the mustang. the s2000 and the 911 share a deep passanger side footwell, so that idea might not work for you anyways.

btw - nice install RCHB