PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Comps

JookBocsBettie
04-21-2007, 01:13 PM
I've had the oppurtunity to listen to a lot of comp sets. I have been researching for the past 2-3 months. How did some of you get the rainbow "experience," besides purchase or just word of mouth?

AndrewHilbert
04-21-2007, 01:17 PM
ive been hearing about them for months now my rl friend bought a pair of slc 265 and wow before he had alpine type x comps and i can litterly say u can just throw your type x out the door great set of comps and great company!!!

JookBocsBettie
04-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Can you try and describe the sound? I mean are they loud,soft, harsh,natural,bass....or what

MikeM231
04-21-2007, 01:30 PM
I got some germs from Don aka 6speedcoupe on the blind. I can tell you that they have never disappointed me. I have been using them for about 1 year now, and they still sound just the same as when I got them. I used to have Infinity kappas, that I got from a local shop I payed like 400 bucks for. Let me tell you these are like Night and Day difference. The cal 25 tweeter sounds so smooth, and not harsh in the least. I mostly listen to bands like Tool, Deftones, NIN, APC. and the sound is amazing. hope this helps, and I know that all sound is only as good as the individuals ear.

JookBocsBettie
04-21-2007, 01:35 PM
You couldn't have said "truer" words, cause I actually kinda like my tweets mildy harsh. That's just my preference. I listen to mostly r&B, hip hop, and rap.

konechiwa
04-21-2007, 03:19 PM
i bought the SLC 265 Kick w/ only hearsay from other owners from Aaron (premieraudio).

Needless to say they kick ***. They are perfect speakers for R&B...handle the lows great.

tmoney
04-21-2007, 10:47 PM
i have a pair of cmx's and they sound pretty good imo.kind of crisp,clear and a little loud. they r the kickbass ones.

bose301s
04-21-2007, 10:53 PM
I got some germs from Don aka 6speedcoupe on the blind. I can tell you that they have never disappointed me. I have been using them for about 1 year now, and they still sound just the same as when I got them. I used to have Infinity kappas, that I got from a local shop I payed like 400 bucks for. Let me tell you these are like Night and Day difference. The cal 25 tweeter sounds so smooth, and not harsh in the least. I mostly listen to bands like Tool, Deftones, NIN, APC. and the sound is amazing. hope this helps, and I know that all sound is only as good as the individuals ear.

Hearing this makes me very happy as those bands you listed are exactly what I would have listed for myself. I plan on getting a pair of SLC 265 Kicks.

tmoney
04-21-2007, 11:04 PM
You couldn't have said "truer" words, cause I actually kinda like my tweets mildy harsh. That's just my preference. I listen to mostly r&B, hip hop, and rap.

the cmx's that i have has the cal 25 titan tweeter and they get pretty darn loud.but i can honestly say that i haven't heard anyone say anything bad about any of the rainbow speaker lines.

BlackMaxima
04-22-2007, 01:05 AM
i went to a local shop here in LA and heardd the germs. they were in a costumer car

i was listening to a band called Rammstein.
i loved the way they sounded, it was loud and at the same time not harsh.
the mids were clear, had good bass to it. the vocals were clear, loud.
overall it was very nice. it can get nice and loud but unlike other sets it does not start hurting your ears after an hour or so.

Flipx99
04-22-2007, 01:14 AM
I bought them on heresay from Don. I like mine.

MikeM231
04-22-2007, 03:15 AM
I have some SLC kicks on order from Don. I am putting them in a Friends Bronco along with a Fi audio Q15. Bronco has a lot of airspace in it, a lot more then my WRX. He listens to Rap and hip-hop, so it will be nice to see how they sound in his vehicle.

3.5Max6spd
04-22-2007, 08:12 AM
I bought them 5yrs ago...and I'm still running bows.

Schuey2002
04-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Still running my older Rainbow Pro's and lovin' every minute .....

slick rick
04-23-2007, 01:18 AM
i went to a local shop here in LA and heardd the germs. they were in a costumer car

i was listening to a band called Rammstein.
i loved the way they sounded, it was loud and at the same time not harsh.
the mids were clear, had good bass to it. the vocals were clear, loud.
overall it was very nice. it can get nice and loud but unlike other sets it does not start hurting your ears after an hour or so.

you pretty much sum up what I think about my germs...

dkmesa
04-23-2007, 01:28 AM
I have Rainbow SLC 265s from Premier Audio...I love em...sound real clean, get really loud, and the midbass is good