PDA

View Full Version : Do I need/want rear fill in my truck.

crfracer290
04-20-2007, 04:34 PM
I am about to order a component set to replace the factory speakers in my truck. It is a regular cab F150 but has speakers on the two small back doors.

My question is do I need to get two sets of speakers for the front and back doors for the sound to be correct or should I just disconnect the two rear speakers?

Here is a pic of the small door speaker I am talking about.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i318/crfracer290/truck2002.jpg

Thanks for your help.

crow
04-20-2007, 08:32 PM
I've got a regular cab and I much prefer the sound without the rear speakers. A single set of components with decent power and a good install will give you plenty of volume and sound great. I'd leave the rear speakers as is and put the extra money in an amp and some sound deadening.

crfracer290
04-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah I plan to get a nice set of components and run them to an amp...

So should I just connect the stock speakers to the HU or what?

Or would it be reasonable to get a cheap set of 6x8s back there.

hunter121
04-20-2007, 09:03 PM
For what its worth, I put some powerbase 6x9's in boxes running off of a 4ch amp along with my comps. I got the 6x9's faded out for the most part but they are there for when we go camping, I can string them out on to the tool box and we got some music for the fire. Besides the 6X9s were like $20 so if they get screwed up just buy some more.

BOOKER
04-20-2007, 09:05 PM
I like rear fill, so I will let them right there and power them with the headunit, no amp power for them. :cool:

I have front components powered by an amp and a pair of 6x9s powered by the headunit on my honda civic.........I like it! :fro:

konechiwa
04-20-2007, 09:12 PM
set up your components for the front and listen to them at normal volume, and fade it full front.

If you like it, keep it faded front. If you don't, get some rear speakers.

crfracer290
04-20-2007, 09:53 PM
set up your components for the front and listen to them at normal volume, and fade it full front.

If you like it, keep it faded front. If you don't, get some rear speakers.

Thats probably what I will do.

Thanks guys :)

crfracer290
04-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Would it be wise to buy a cheap set of 6x8s coax's and stick them back there instead of the stocker ones?

hunter121
04-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Would it be wise to buy a cheap set of 6x8s coax's and stick them back there instead of the stocker ones?

I would say use the stockers to find out if you want the rear fill or not first. If you decide that you want rear fill and the stockers are not good enough upgrade. If you got the extra cash and dont care either way go for it.

Honestly the only reason I got the 6x9s is for camping. My truck sounds better with out the 6x9s going which is why I have them **** near faded all the way out.