PDA

View Full Version : 2 Sound Deadening Questions

Decado
04-20-2007, 07:35 AM
First, I was wondering if I sound deaden my trunk in my 93 sable (but not the back of the backseat) will the bass will be louder in the cabin because it hasn't lost as much out of the back? Another question I have is about the plastic trim around the rear deck. I'm going to have to sound deaden these as well because they buzz alot, but how am I going to stop it making contact with the metal and window on the edges of the trim? I only have a few mm of space, I don't think ss damplifier or anything would fit in there, does anyone know what I could put between there?

the727kid
04-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Yes you will get more bass into the car, and sound deadner isn't very thick so I would imagine you could put some back there.

Decado
04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Yes you will get more bass into the car, and sound deadner isn't very thick so I would imagine you could put some back there.

There's not enough space for sound deadener between the edges of the molding and the window and frame. At least not enough space for SS Damplifier, I dunno about other brands.

tez4life
04-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Not to thread jack, but would deading the trunk cancel some of the bass outside the car? Just wondering.

lrgnation
04-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Not to thread jack, but would deading the trunk cancel some of the bass outside the car? Just wondering.

thats one of the reasons. You are attempting to keep the sound pressure level inside the vehicle and the road noise outside the vehicle...