PDA

View Full Version : engine and ground interference?

bloodhound50
04-17-2007, 06:23 PM
My speakers are amped at the correct rms wattage and ever since i got the amp installed my speakers are making an odd sound almost like a morotcycle idle. hthis is at no volume but the stuff turned on. then if i were to accelerate it becomes a more high pitched sound and like a motorcycle it produces the sound faster, same as if i decelerate or turn accessories on. when i turn it to volume 1 there is a high pitch sound like a whistle almost and as u turn the volume up from there as the music comes in it is hard to notice. also the two right speakers make this noise much louder than the left two. the left two you need to put your ear next to them to hear it. i have also used the balance feature and taken it off the right speakers and played just right speakers and it does nothing. there is 55 watts rms going to the speakers and they have factory cables as well from the speakers to head unit. i found it odd that only the right speakers are making the noise (i should say making it very noticibly becuase the left do it to) and i thought maybe there was a grounding issue or something? possibly it wouldnt make sense but im just throwing ideas out there.

audiobahnuser18
04-17-2007, 06:27 PM
That is a grounding problem check your ground make sure it is as short as possible it sound's like an alternator whine to me though , read up in the electrical section on alternator whine i know there was a post something like that i will see if i can try and find it again.

Bloodstalker999
04-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Check all your ground cables, especially one for the HU.

(this seems to be the problem of the day....)

audiobahnuser18
04-17-2007, 06:30 PM
i agree with bloodstalker check all of your wiring such as ground to the hu , ground on the amp , rca's are not grounding out on anything , that your ground cable to your amp is on a ground that has been fully sanded to bare metal , make sure your remote wire is not loose causing interfernce.