PDA

View Full Version : Whining Pulleys

One Bad MOFO
04-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Anybody know where i can find those pulleys that make the supercharger type whining noise?

Trey803
04-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Superchargers whine because they are compressing air by spinning a turbine type blade. Pulleys alone will never give you the whine. Pulleys can be upgraded on a supercharger to put out more boost which will increase the whine of an existing supercharger.

bigbirney420
04-18-2007, 01:21 PM
You can find the electric turbos on Ebay for 30 bucks that may give you the fake sound. Or just buy a car with a supercharger. I love the whine.

InsaneKreationz
04-18-2007, 01:25 PM
03-04 Cobras FTW! ;)

One Bad MOFO
04-18-2007, 02:33 PM
yea i know its teh superchargerr that makes the noise, but someone sells a pulley or gear kit that makes the same noise. I just need to know what it is called.

Lunchbocks
04-18-2007, 04:27 PM
The request for and resulting existence of such aftermarket equipment makes baby Jesus cry.

95bat
04-18-2007, 04:45 PM
I think you want a gear drive... I'm trying to find the name of them.

example:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=PJJ-327-1C&N=400293+301221+115&autoview=sku

Replace your timing chain with a Pete Jackson gear drive. Unlike timing chains, a gear drive doesn't stretch, so your cam timing stays more accurate. Pete Jackson builds its drives with dual idler gears, making them more stable than single idler gear drives. A Pete Jackson gear drive is as easy to install as a timing chain and will fit under your stock timing chain cover. If you want things nice and quiet, pick the "quiet" drive, or choose the noise drive that whines like a supercharger. Minor machining may be required.
A bunch of different companies make them, that is just one example. I've only seem them for older vehicles.

Max_Power
04-18-2007, 05:11 PM

example:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=PJJ-327-1C&N=400293+301221+115&autoview=sku

A bunch of different companies make them, that is just one example. I've only seem them for older vehicles.

I think this is what he wants... Have to change the timing chain for a set of gears. Kinda alot of work just to get a whine sound. save up and buy a supercharged car. then you also get the go with the show.

One Bad MOFO
04-18-2007, 05:24 PM
I think this is what he wants... Have to change the timing chain for a set of gears. Kinda alot of work just to get a whine sound. save up and buy a supercharged car. then you also get the go with the show.
I already got the go and the show. 89' mustang gt 5.0 :) and I plan on supercharging it anyway after I pay off the car and do my full exhaust.

example:

thanks thats exactly what i was looking for.

Max_Power
04-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I already got the go and the show. 89' mustang gt 5.0 :) and I plan on supercharging it anyway after I pay off the car and do my full exhaust.

thanks thats exactly what i was looking for.

ahh, well then, should be a fairly easy install. I assumed you had a front wheel drive car, and apologize for jumping to conclusions.

Lunchbocks
04-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Upon realizing what you were actually trying to acquire, I will retract my previous statement. Based on wording, I was under the impression that you were trying to find something that makes the false claim of supercharger presence.

One Bad MOFO
04-19-2007, 02:06 AM
ahh, well then, should be a fairly easy install. I assumed you had a front wheel drive car, and apologize for jumping to conclusions.
o no problem at all, no need to apologize, and for the record, i doubt i will ever own a front wheel drive car, i like fishtailing too much :)