PDA

View Full Version : Mixing speakers

iwanturmags
04-17-2007, 12:03 PM
How bad would it sound to have boston 6x9s in the back and cdt 5.25's in the front? I know you're supposed to try to stay within one brand, but how bad does it sound to have 2 different brands?

happyb
04-17-2007, 02:29 PM
it don't matter if you have all one brand or if you have a few different ones.

Tonyguy
04-17-2007, 05:20 PM
:iagree: It's the sound that matters. Doesn't matter the brand at all. But matching speakers makes people feel warm inside. Me too. But most speakers from the same manufacturer will have similar tonal qualities. So I'd consider that too.

Trey803
04-17-2007, 05:23 PM
FYI rear fill does not matter and you really wont be able to hear sq coming from them

Thieroff
04-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Rear fill is an option I choose not to use, although some people like it.

CT

Thieroff
04-17-2007, 06:26 PM
FYI rear fill does not matter and you really wont be able to hear sq coming from them

Haha, what does SQ sound like?

CT

King Alpha
04-17-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm just guessing, but when you heard mixing speakers is bad, it was probably in reference to subwoofers.

Thieroff
04-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm just guessing, but when you heard mixing speakers is bad, it was probably in reference to subwoofers.

Sounds plausible.

CT

iwanturmags
04-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Well I just couldn't understand how people could mix rear fill with fronts, When I always hear a distinct different sound in speakers (I could pick Alpines like a needle in a haystack) considering speakers can be very different. But now that I think like trey said I won't be able to hear SQ over the magnum anyways (whatever SQ is) so Mc**** it.

P.s. **** boston acoustics

tEh koRnDog
04-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Well I just couldn't understand how people could mix rear fill with fronts, When I always hear a distinct different sound in speakers (I could pick Alpines like a needle in a haystack) considering speakers can be very different. But now that I think like trey said I won't be able to hear SQ over the magnum anyways (whatever SQ is) so Mc**** it.

P.s. **** boston acoustics

ok so its your prefrence. if your ears are that good and its a noticable difference, go with all 1 brand.