PDA

View Full Version : What to do about a careless body shop

Trey803
04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Well my truck is getting repaired as some of you know and basically now the body shop is just ****ing it up even more. My mom told them to call us before they removed the door so that I could come and get my rainbow mid from that side of the door.........and they took it out any way. They threw my Rainbow mid along with my pioneer rear fill into a box and then threw the body panels and other misc. items that were removed from the inside on top of the speakers. Luckily the rainbow was not damged besides some scuffs on the surround but the pioneer is cracked. Insurance said that they would pay for this but this is not the end. Today when i went to go pick up my speakers they had my truck sitting in the parking lot with the door off and nothing to cover the whole with. My entire truck is now filled with dirt/pollen. There is also a huge swirl scratch about 1 foot in diameter on the opposite side of the truck. The insuracne company said there was nothing they would do about this because my truck was hit on the other side but I'm almost 100% sure it was done by the tow truck driver which is also the same business that is reparing my truck. I'm pretty much furious and scared to let them finish the repair but have no other choice. Do yall know of anyway to have the HUGE scratches on the other side painted. Also my floor was pretty badly bent up and I was wondering if yall know how exactly they go about fixing this?:suicide:

Twistid
04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
murder them

Trey803
04-16-2007, 06:42 PM
I have thought about slashing the tires of the ******* ***** who hit my truck......but I feel like she has it coming to her later in life anyways

Platestacker45
04-16-2007, 06:43 PM
murder them

and their family. Rape their dog.

tEh koRnDog
04-16-2007, 06:45 PM

we'll leave the manly buttsecks for you....as we all know your into that ****.

Twistid
04-16-2007, 06:49 PM
demand they fix everything that happend, or just take it back and take it to another shop

then murder them

Chevyaudio
04-16-2007, 06:54 PM

Did you really just say rape their dog?

wow...We will leave the bestiality to you

southstylestang
04-16-2007, 06:56 PM
fight with your insurance company. alot of companies have it in their policy that when paying to have your car painted they are paying for the whole car to be painted. not just a few panels. especially collision b/c it covers the "whole" car. most companies wont tell you that tho b/c it saves them money. a guy hit my cousins blazer and messed up the front right corner and they was only gonna paint the fender and bumper but he showed them in their policy where it says the pay for the whole car to be painted. and threatened with a lawyer. he had nationwide i think.

Trey803
04-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I yelled at the insurance guy and cussed at him and told him I would not accept my truck unless the whole thing was painted and he said sorry thats not standard prcedure we only paint what was damaged?!?!?!?!? But I know somone who has a lightning and like you said got the whole thing painted after a fender bender. I know the girl who hit me has geico does anyone know if they have to pay for a whole paint job?

southstylestang
04-16-2007, 07:02 PM
honestly i have never know someone personally that used geico

Trey803
04-16-2007, 08:37 PM
what a nightmare

bigwheel15
04-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Id start raising hell with everyone, the body shop, insurance, the mailman, random children...everyone.

Platestacker45
04-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Did you really just say rape their dog?

wow...We will leave the bestiality to you

:hihorse:

Max_Power
04-16-2007, 10:03 PM
wow, sonds like you keep getting screwed. about three months ago our garage got robbed, and they stole about 10,000 dollars worth of tools, insurance would pay 1000, but with a huge increase in premium. we said screw it. I often wonder what the point of insurance is.....

atoz350
04-16-2007, 11:42 PM
I often wonder what the point of insurance is.....

Keep the government happy since your premiums are heavily taxed.

But to the OP, the insurance company is not liable to paint the whole car. The will only repair what is damaged. You can make a separate claim and have the car repainted under that, but the cost in the long run of 2 claims in a 6 month period is not worth it. You can, however complain of the body shop that your vehicle is at. I'm assuming that it is a GEICO recommended shop. They are liable for any damages that the vehicle incurrs while in their care. Personally, I would have shopped around and requested a payout in order to take my car to the shop of my choice.

BTW, GEICO screwed me over many times before...I wouldn't do business with them nor recommend them to anyone. I'm with Esurance now and I like them alot. You should get a quote online and see if your rates would be lower.

bigbangtheory
04-17-2007, 01:11 AM
I yelled at the insurance guy and cussed at him and told him I would not accept my truck unless the whole thing was painted and he said sorry thats not standard prcedure we only paint what was damaged?!?!?!?!? But I know somone who has a lightning and like you said got the whole thing painted after a fender bender. I know the girl who hit me has geico does anyone know if they have to pay for a whole paint job?

Person that hit my fiances car not too long ago had gieco and I am not sure about her vechichle, but Gieco's insurance only covered the damaged parts to be painted and blended, which ***** because car is older. I am kinda surprised they didnt total it being over 4g's in repairs. Anyway, Gieco is a bish to work with, I argued to the high hills with them over a strut, being my girls car was hit from behind and the strut was fine before hand. They claimed it was just normal ware and tear on the strut and just broke before hand. :crazy: I was so pissed at the insurance guy! He was looking under the car and was like nope, I dont see anything wrong with it, looks fine. I am like you need to drive the car then and tell me that. Then I was like well how do you know its just ware and tear? His reply was, I dont know, just looks like it. :wow: So I am like you know the **** is probably internal right? I dont know he says, I have to call my boss. Ohhhhhhhhhh, how pissed I was. Strut is still shot to this day, plus there is a rust spot from paint chiped away and has only been a month and a half since we gotten it back. Now I have to head back to talk to the body shop again. I hate this ****, so trust me I feel your pain and it *****!:rage:

Trey803
04-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Has anyone had their car painted with "color matched" paint? Just wonderin if it is going to be noticable or not? Basically they match the color with the faded color already on your car so that they dont have to paint the whole thing.

stayTUNED
04-21-2007, 07:41 PM
it doesnt really matter because fresh clear coat is going to distinguish itself from the rest of the 'old' car anyway unless you detail the whole car, polish get all swirls out etc.

chucku
04-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Insurance companys only pay to paint the damaged areas. They blend the paint into the other panels, so you cant see a color change. This is totally acceptable, and if done right you wont know it was repaired. The other incurred damage is another story. Ive taken my truck to the best bodyshop around after an accident and they hacked my repair. I flipped out on them and on the second try they did a better job, not perfect, but acceptable. You can sue the insurance company for value loss or something like that if you can prove (?) that the vehicle is worth less after the repair. Good luck.

yne721
05-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Has anyone had their car painted with "color matched" paint? Just wonderin if it is going to be noticable or not? Basically they match the color with the faded color already on your car so that they dont have to paint the whole thing.

provided it's done by somebody who actually knows(or cares) what they're doing, you won't be able to tell a difference

Ignatowski
05-15-2007, 03:52 AM
so damage the other side yourself..........
insurance companys are slimy ****ing toads and so are the body shops that
they are in bed with. I would negotiate with the body shop to have the whole car painted not the insurance company - offer the body shop some side cash to finish the car proper. as for your body shop not having any respect for your vehicle,take a look at the shop owner,does he look like a respectfull person ? most look like they just got out of jail and are on probation....

photocrazy8
05-15-2007, 04:28 AM
if the shop is good it should look stock, my parents own a body shop. most insurance companies only cover what got hit. if that shop is dicking you around, tell them you will file a claim will the BBB and they will shape up real fast. is it a small shop or a large one? talk to the owner about the BBB cause he will know whats up and that you mean business. if they mess any thing up it should be fixed to as new or relpaced, thats how my parents do stuff, that why we get all the work for 5 cities and every insurance company in the area. if you really want to mess with them, go to a local news paper and see is they would like to take on your story...

Alpine CDA-9815
05-15-2007, 02:13 PM
The insurance is only responsible for fixing the damage that was done in the accident. If the shop scratched your truck then you need to take that up with them and make them fix it.

Personally I would just demand my keys back and take the vehicle to another shop. No one disrespects my stuff like that, especially a shop that is working on my vehicle.

btlking
05-20-2007, 01:08 AM
check for cameras at the shop if none run up and smash in the other side of your vehicle so that the shop has to repair that also.

ngsm13
05-20-2007, 01:21 AM
I took out all my audio before I let it go to the body/paint shop.

It's the smart thing to do...

nG

Scoobydoo
05-20-2007, 01:24 AM
well obviously the dameage wasnt there when you got the quote or it would have been on the estimate so the shop is responsible for it