PDA

View Full Version : speaker for use off hu.

neonrt
04-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Well i bought the gf a sunfire today, and am installing my old stereo in it for her.
The stock speakers are shot, and even if they were not i would be replacing them anyways. :)

What are your suggestions for speakers for her off hu power? around 20rms?
she doesn't want anything crazy, that is why i am not amping the speakers. running off an after market hu will be enough for her, they just have to sound good and get fairly loud.

thanks for suggestions. oh and the speaker size is 6x9" btw.

jonnybusa
04-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Well i bought the gf a sunfire today, and am installing my old stereo in it for her.
The stock speakers are shot, and even if they were not i would be replacing them anyways. :)

What are your suggestions for speakers for her off hu power? around 20rms?
she doesn't want anything crazy, that is why i am not amping the speakers. running off an after market hu will be enough for her, they just have to sound good and get fairly loud.

thanks for suggestions. oh and the speaker size is 6x9" btw.

MB quart base model....I think "reference" sound really good w/ stock HU power.
I had 6.5" comps front, and 6x9" rear, and it sounded amazing given the HU's power!!
I'd check them out.

neonrt
04-15-2007, 09:19 PM
MB quart base model....I think "reference" sound really good w/ stock HU power.
I had 6.5" comps front, and 6x9" rear, and it sounded amazing given the HU's power!!
I'd check them out.

i'll look into them. thanks. anyone else?

tigerf117
04-17-2007, 08:18 PM
If your on a budget budget, Infinity ref run nice off HU and dont sound too bad. Not too much of a fan of them, but they dont need much to run and they sound clean. Plus they are cheap as hell. Get 4 for like $150 or less easily

loud-n-low
04-17-2007, 08:19 PM
coaxials

WulfComp
04-18-2007, 01:14 AM
DLS Classic Series run great off HU power, even do alright off factory deck power.

DejaWiz
04-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Pioneer REV's.

And later on when you buy her an amp for them on a birthday/holiday/anniv/whatever, she will love you forever.