PDA

View Full Version : Jl Audio Or Mb Quart

cosmic8
04-15-2007, 02:03 PM
I was trying to decide on some 6 1/2's I was looking at the Mb quart Q 216 signatures, the regular qsd 216's and the Jl zr series. These are the speakers that I hear the most praise about. I found the signatures for 699.00 and the qsd's for 300.00 does that signature actually make a 300.00 difference worth while? I know that its true that more money doesnt necesarilly make a better speaker, but then again sometimes you do get what you pay for.. I seen the ZR's for 599.00 where do they fall into the hiarchy? I see some people saying that the cheaper XR's are better, are they really better or is that just an XR owner trying to make himself feel better about not having the "flagship JL mid" No offense to the XR owners... I mean,, we all wanna feel like our equipment is top notch. To many choices and configurations....AHHHHHHH somebody help me, i want this all taken care of before it starts getting nice outside.. Thanks for your time in reading my post.. Id appreciate any and all opinions that i can get. Id like to see a huge debate over this.

trey4sports
04-15-2007, 02:24 PM
i dont have experience with either set, but everyone seems to say the MB's are quite harsh. maybe look into CDT HD series

rtillaree
04-15-2007, 02:26 PM
don't know much about the newest stuff from this last produt year...but of the 2 i prefer the quarts, and i have owned several sets, the older stuff circa 98-2k3ish were excellent, newer stuff is so/so, hints why i went with boston...

jonnybusa
04-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I was trying to decide on some 6 1/2's I was looking at the Mb quart Q 216 signatures, the regular qsd 216's and the Jl zr series. These are the speakers that I hear the most praise about. I found the signatures for 699.00 and the qsd's for 300.00 does that signature actually make a 300.00 difference worth while? I know that its true that more money doesnt necesarilly make a better speaker, but then again sometimes you do get what you pay for.. I seen the ZR's for 599.00 where do they fall into the hiarchy? I see some people saying that the cheaper XR's are better, are they really better or is that just an XR owner trying to make himself feel better about not having the "flagship JL mid" No offense to the XR owners... I mean,, we all wanna feel like our equipment is top notch. To many choices and configurations....AHHHHHHH somebody help me, i want this all taken care of before it starts getting nice outside.. Thanks for your time in reading my post.. Id appreciate any and all opinions that i can get. Id like to see a huge debate over this.

I've used MB Quart for over 10 yrs now, and LOVE them. Now, I have Quart 6.5" comps, (Q series), and they sound amazing!!!! Good fill, and great midbass. They even sound good when you dont have much power to them.

cosmic8
04-15-2007, 10:08 PM
thanks so much for the input, i wonder why my inquiery didnt get many hits, thank god for the few that responded... By the way,, you said you have q's.. Are you reffering to the signatures? i was thinking about the signatures for the front and qsd's for the rear 300/2 jl for the front pair and another for the back pair.. what do you think? Open to suggestions

ace_800
04-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Out of those two I choose the MB Quartz. If your looking at around that price range check out the Boston Acoustic Pro60's or the higher Z6's.

jmanpc
04-15-2007, 10:17 PM
MB Quarts sound amazing. I will recommend them to anyone 8 days a week. I love mine :)

cosmic8
04-15-2007, 10:18 PM
thanks ACE,, A fellow jersey Guy,, I value your opinion, Im hearing alot about the bostons, do you like those better then the Q's?

theCybe
04-16-2007, 12:16 AM
1997 called, they want their brand loyalty back. ;)
I couldn't resist.

Idea: Try something /new/ and tell /us/ what /you/ think :)

Kai Winters
04-16-2007, 12:25 AM
I have the XR650-CSi's, got them 2 weeks ago, and love the sound.
I just could not justify the cost of the ZR's but that is me.
The XR's replaced a pair of MB Quart Discus model, base stuff, 6 1/2" coax's that were 5 years old and ridden hard. I loved my MB's but no one within 100 miles of me carried them to audition and their website *****...zip code search does not function and their phone number does not work either...sheesh.

cosmic8
04-16-2007, 12:30 AM
KAI, I appreciate the input..... I have heard that xr's are just as good as zr's ,, i sure hope so,, then i could feel good about getting the cheaper ones..

Rich B
04-16-2007, 12:35 AM
These are what Im looking at.........

Car Audio and Electronics magazine

Test Reports

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS-Review Components
The Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS - Great Sound At A Bargain

http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0612_caep_pioneer_premier_ts_c720prs/index.html

http://www.woofersetc.com/images/products/4985.jpg

Our Price: $249.99
Retail Price: $549.99
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4985

WhoSayWho?
04-16-2007, 03:58 AM
MB Quarts sound amazing. I will recommend them to anyone 8 days a week. I love mine :)

And in fact, I think that you do. :cool: