PDA

View Full Version : car spy cams

hawaiian5
04-15-2007, 05:35 AM
where can i buy a hidden spy cam for my car? i want to be able to se all sides if possible. are there any that can be mounted on my side mirrors?.....does anyone have any experience with these?

xtremebassjunky
04-15-2007, 05:45 AM
but............

why?

hawaiian5
04-15-2007, 05:48 AM
JUST ALOT OF JEALOUS PEOPLE AROUND HERE....MOSTLY THE YUNG GENERATION......my car already got keyed or scratched while i was sleeping.......just so happen to be the night that i didnt turn on my alarm...........***** to be me.........but oh well,....insurance company will pay for that

hardhitta47
04-18-2007, 01:46 AM
where can i buy a hidden spy cam for my car? i want to be able to se all sides if possible. are there any that can be mounted on my side mirrors?.....does anyone have any experience with these?

uh..how are you going to have a hidden spy cam, but mounted on your side mirrors? you need something like they have on tv for catching car thieves and hookers and **** like that. search google for spy cameras for cars

SourDeez
04-18-2007, 01:51 AM
I suggest mounting it in a tree / on your house and just have it watch over your car..

http://ww.x10.com

If you get paranoid, just switch your TV to your x10 and make sure your cars fine. They also sell modules that are motion activated (if camera senses any motion will turn on and start recording onto media of choice) but that means any car that drives by or person walking their dog will trigger it.

twisztdauthorit
04-18-2007, 01:58 AM
wish i had a rotating dome came inside my car ;)
and a long range telescoping one on top to see traffic

pickup1
04-18-2007, 02:00 AM
try this...http://cgi.ebay.com/2-WAY-COLOR-LCD-REMOTE-Start-Car-Alarm-Camera_W0QQitemZ110114515339QQihZ001QQcategoryZ948 32QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hatemonger
04-18-2007, 02:13 AM
JUST ALOT OF JEALOUS PEOPLE AROUND HERE....MOSTLY THE YUNG GENERATION......my car already got keyed or scratched while i was sleeping.......just so happen to be the night that i didnt turn on my alarm...........***** to be me.........but oh well,....insurance company will pay for that

my viper 2-way wouldn't pick up someone keying my truck to start with. i wish it would, and wish it would come up as a key scratching metal on my remote. you'd have to record the event after the damage was done. have the nuts to do something about it, and make sure the whole neighborhood saw it. then make sure you have bond money and an attorney. i found out the hard way that you have to catch them in the act destroying or stealing your property. otherwise it's a felony.

SourDeez
04-18-2007, 02:21 AM
you'd have to record the event after the damage was done. have the nuts to do something about it, and make sure the whole neighborhood saw it. then make sure you have bond money and an attorney. i found out the hard way that you have to catch them in the act destroying or stealing your property. otherwise it's a felony.

....x10

hypnotiq
04-18-2007, 06:23 AM
garage.. try that.. if you can't get in into a garage your screwed.

prochobo
04-18-2007, 01:52 PM
A "spy" cam will not work in a car because you need to be able to record the events. Unless you want a VCR in your car, forget it.

The better route is to do this:

Get a wireless 802.11g camera with infared
Hardwire it into your car
Have it connect to your wireless access point
Optional: Get a server and have it record everything (I mean every single second).

This is better because you can pull up the feed anytime from your computer. You can even look at the camera if you're in another country, but your car is still at home. And since you have a server running and recording the footage, you can pull it up at anytime.

Another thing you could do to get creative is wire it up to one of your alarm outputs. That way, when the alarm gets triggered, the camera will come on and start recording.

RFCV
04-18-2007, 06:18 PM
My Viper 2-way wouldn't pick up someone keying my truck to start with. I wish it would.

Your alarm will with at least warning chirps with the DEI 508D Field Disturbance Detector or any other radar microwave detector. :idea:

I have had my dual zone (exterior & interior) extend out once with highest sensitivity setting on the instant interior & the full alarm would scream when approaching the car even with the windows up without even laying a finger on it! ;) I would not recommend doing this EXCEPT if parked where NOBODY should be around it (driveway at night). Even with this, the detector would be prone to false alarms because of so high of a sensitivity setting & other factors (cats, rain, etc...)

phyphoestilic
04-18-2007, 06:20 PM
that would **** if ur car alarm went off from rain. lol

RFCV
04-18-2007, 06:36 PM
That would **** if ur car alarm went off from rain. lol

Happens to the best of em, even with no field disturbance detector. ;)

A too high sensitivity setting on especially shock sensors can cause a false alarm from rain, loud vehicles, etc...

Even with all alarm detectors set right, a very loud crack of thunder nearby or very heavy rain can cause the alarm to trigger.

The best is a dual stage shock sensor with warn away chirps first on lighter hits & full alarm on heavier hits. With this, the warn away chirps may get it first before the full alarm trigger in the case of false environmental reasons.

BTW, don't mean to hijack the thread off it's original subject, but I wanted to address the 'keying' issue when I first saw it & especially after someone else addressed it.

SourDeez
04-18-2007, 07:47 PM
http://graphics.x10.com/img_site/cameras/xx11a_vr36a.jpg

+

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/af/afriel/ms14ab.jpg

+

http://www.gameinnovation.org/images/b/b3/Harddrive.jpg