PDA

View Full Version : 6" mid-bass for rears??

AWilliams
04-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi guys,

I want some opinions here on possibly using 6" mid-bass as my rear speakers. Current set up is this:

Vehicle~ Ford Excursion
HU~ Eclipse 8053
FR SP~ Morel Integra 6"
Rear Sp~none
Amp~ Arc Audio xxk4050
Sub Amp~Arc Audio xxk1500 (900@2ohm)
Sub~ JL12w6v.2

Maybe some inexpensive Daytons or peerless or ?? Somewhere around $150 or less for the pair. I believe my Eclipse will allow me to cross the rears at 63,80,100,125 and 200 htz. Don't get me wrong, the Morels sound spendid but could it be better? All 4 doors are Raamat and ensolite as well as the rear barn doors on the Excursion.

What do some of you think?

Thanks

bonesninja
04-14-2007, 09:40 PM
no....move the mid bass up front with you.

wait...do you have comps up front already? If not get a good comp set and put it up front

AWilliams
04-14-2007, 10:44 PM
I don't have comps. The Morels are a point source type speaker. The tweeter sits in the center of the woofer. I really don't want to run any additional speaker wire as the amps are a ways from the speakers. Trying to get imagining correct with comps can be a real pain as they can be put on A-pillars, the sail panel, the doors in the kick-panel. I don't want to play trial and error with placement. I really don't have the time, the patience or the know-how to properly implemnet comps. The x-over can be a pain also trying to place.

The Morels actually sound really good as the are. Sounds like maybe leave well enough alone??