PDA

View Full Version : Best SQ setup

JookBocsBettie
04-13-2007, 03:59 PM
I have 02 buick park ave.

looking for a nice sq setup
I like rear fill cause I have passengers in the back and would think they shoulb be able to hear too......I have 2 cvr 12" powered by a zx750.1

CaliforniabOY5
04-13-2007, 04:00 PM
budget? what do you have? what dont you have? considered deadening? will you be installing your own stuff?

JookBocsBettie
04-13-2007, 04:11 PM
250- component set
200-rear fill
200-amp
50-wiring

I dont think my confidence level is that far up to do it myself....I don't want to screw somethingg up or blow something up....what tools would I need...I would like to give it a try

I'm looking at getting the JVC Ar5500 for HU....what do you think

JimJ
04-13-2007, 04:14 PM
You'd want to add $100 in there for sound deadening, as well.

JookBocsBettie
04-13-2007, 04:20 PM
is sound deadening that important...i'm not doing competition or anything....just getting into this car audio stuff....hope questions arent dumb

Eugenics
04-13-2007, 04:33 PM
it will improve the midbass by providing the doors with more mass.

JookBocsBettie
04-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Is it hard to do....can i do it myself...what tools do i need

Grinder1989
04-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Depending on your experience things can be hard. Get good tools. I use Snap On 1/4" ratchets and sockets although its not something u need to have, they're just good for the job(craftsmen is fine). Pliers, screwdrivers, small pry bars(very small, to remove door panel clips) But if you worried about screwing things up, find someone who has knowledge and have them install it for u.

Grinder

JookBocsBettie
04-13-2007, 05:13 PM
i know how to take the dash out and the door panels off....so thats the extent of experience...but did want to pick this up as a hobby.....so gotta get my start somewhere trial and error...but my baby is a beaut (buick):rolleyes:

Tempe
04-13-2007, 06:44 PM
looking for a nice sq setup
I like rear fill cause I have passengers in the back and would think they shoulb be able to hear too......

If they can't hear the front speakers from the back they won't hear the front ones :confused:

Save the money that would be spent on rear speakers and use it on deadening and/or better front speakers. Use DIY drivers for better dollar to performance ratio. Either use premade passives crossovers, build your own, or buy an active crossover.

T

krisfnbz
04-13-2007, 06:48 PM
is sound deadening that important...i'm not doing competition or anything....just getting into this car audio stuff....hope questions arent dumb

If your looking for better quality in your speakers... you want to deaden your doors. Most people dont deaden their entire car(as this is expensive) most people just do their doors. You can get the best of the best product for like 100-200 dollars.. or get some mid brands for a little less.... or you can go the route I did with peel n seal from lowes. everybody has bad things to say about it... but it does the job. $14 a roll

BreakThisBread
04-14-2007, 12:34 AM
How does peel n seal hold up on verticle surfaces (like doors)? I think if I used that stuff it would only be on the floors of the car so it can't really fall off..

Also, what is peel n seal actually considered, like a roofing product?

JimJ
04-14-2007, 12:36 AM
I would stick to butyl-based deadeners instead of Peel & Seel.

People have had varying results, but I'm still not convinced asphalt based stuff is the way to go. Too many stories of it coming apart and streaking on windows, etc...