View Full Version : fixing a reciever

04-13-2007, 03:05 AM
ok i have a sony str de 935 which is just sitting around because it has abroken volume dial it seems the POTs wipers have stripped or something because it just turns freely and doesnt change the volume unless you push on it. When it wasnt broken i remember it had like a red led and it was like motorized the dial itself moved as you turned it up from the remote. Mainly im looking for what kind of POT to replace it with so i dont have to pay out my *** to send it to get fixed.

04-13-2007, 03:13 AM
ALPS makes motorized pots, I remember my Rogue Model 66 had one.

Look on Digi-Key or Mouser for them.

04-13-2007, 03:22 AM
Thank you

04-13-2007, 03:36 AM
RK16812MGL2K ALPS now just gotta find one to order neither of those sites had one

04-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Mouser didn't list anything as a cross reference?

Sometimes you don't need an exact part number to match, just as long as the database says another works...

Jameco Electronics might be another place to look, I don't know if they have a min. order though.

04-13-2007, 03:44 AM
yea i dont want to have to end up ordering 200 lol