PDA

View Full Version : What kind of In dash monitor?

tmbrlnd12
02-07-2003, 11:17 AM
I am looking for a in dash monitor from ebay and the ones that I like the most so far are the Pioneer, Alpine, Panasonic, and Eclipse. Are Eclipse monitors any good. Is 5.8 in a big enough screen? What are your thoughts. Also is there anything wrong with running the Monitor off of PS2?
Thanks

mgaidica
02-07-2003, 06:40 PM
umm... until you actually see how small that is in person you dont realize how small 5.8 really is, much less 6.5, im going 6.5" but wish i could go 7". go to a store....

Dustydog
02-12-2003, 07:31 AM
There is one way of getting a 7"...

Visteon (evisteon.com) produce the HR700 7" monitor, and this can fit into the same size headrest as most 5.6" models because it has a much smaller surround. Anyway, a decent trimmer can always rebuild a headrest if there's a problem or a tight fit.

We distribute Visteon in the UK, so biased.
Brian

DarkHemprey
02-17-2003, 03:09 PM
6.5 i would go for that becuase u dont want a big 7 in there

monte ss
02-18-2003, 02:42 PM
i have clarion vrx825vd which is a 7inch touch screen it also plays dvds cds and burnt ones i paid new 1600 which is pretty cheap good reception good quality

ezorderusa
02-22-2003, 12:38 AM
Do you just want an indash screen or an in dash screen with a dvd/cd player or only a CD player? Do you have a din ior a double din space to work with.

Soupskees
03-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Go 6.5 or 7 inch, and I'd definitely reccomend the Panasonic and Pioneer Units.

The only reason I got Panasonic was it had a full left/right swivel for my passenger. I did this research for a while before buying mine and I love it, great picture and looks sweet. It's for sale if anyone is interested (CHeck Sig)

Good Luck with your screen bro,

Nick

P.S. Just be careful when buying screens on ebay, some good deals but many of the units are remanufactured so get full details beforehand. Just fair warning to fellow Mobile Video Entuisiasts. :)