PDA

View Full Version : Runnin 4 speakers amped...

86yota
04-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Do I have to run 2 sets of RCAs to the amp? For front/back or can They all be ran off 1 set?

Prowler573
04-12-2007, 02:13 PM
There are several ways of doing it and one method will depend on your amp.
Some amps will create 4 channels of output off of 2 channels worth of input. Some won't. I do not know which amp you are using so I'll leave it to you to work out which category yours falls into.

If your amp doesn't operate as described above you'll need to do one of two things.

If you want to retain the ability to fade front to back (this is assuming the 4 speakers you're asking about are front and rear speakers) then you'll need to run 2 independent sets of interconnects from your HU to the amp for it to discern which signal is for front and which is for the rear.

If retaining fadar ability isn't of any great import to you or these 4 speakers aren't front and rear as I assumed then you can run a single set of interconnects terminating each channel of said RCAs with Y-splitters to turn each single end into two ends for your purposes.

86yota
04-14-2007, 12:42 PM
WOW, OK Im running a 4 ch Power Acoustik and I dont care about fading. So theres no way to juss run 4 speakers off the 1 set of RCAs? Do I HAVE to split off my first set? I had to do this to run 2 sub amps will I be doing the same thing here? Getting 2 splitters?