PDA

View Full Version : Multi front stage Components???

Sythlord79
04-11-2007, 10:55 PM
I wanted to run TWO components as Front Stage... Currently I have one set of components (tweeter in A-pillar, midrange in front door). the problem is, theres too much space between the tweeter and midrange (probably about 20 inches apart). and it lacks midrange and mid-bass. I only hear the tweeters and Subs.

One set up high with Midrange/Tweeter custom molded into the A-pillars firing at each other. Probably a 4" or 5.25" component set.

Second set with 6.5" Midrange/Tweeter in the front Doors.

Will this severely degrade imaging? My purpose is improved midbass/midrange, Loudness and also I want the sound to project with the Doors open when tail-gating.

leonsv
04-11-2007, 11:22 PM
you are either underpowering the speakers or they just ****.

1. what speakers do you have?

2. how are you powering them?

Sythlord79
04-11-2007, 11:31 PM
I have Focal Utopia's powered by JL 300/2 in a dodge Ram.

genxx
04-12-2007, 08:26 AM
I would try mabey moving the tweeter closer to get better on-axis response. If you want something more or think you need something more go to a 4" in some kicks but I would move my tweeter there probably also. This just personal opinion and is generally what I have always heard of as a rule is to keep the tweeter atleast no further than 18inches from mid bass. Generally most tweeters will not do really well at further than 30 deg of axis. Of course if you have tweeters that can handle off axis really well then I would say maybe as much as 60 deg of axis.IMO It might be full of sh** though.

If I have stated something wrong someone please correct me here.

Beerdrnkr
04-12-2007, 11:14 AM
baffle and deaden the crap out of your doors to improve midbass cuz I know for a fact those speakers have good midbass. If it's not enough then do like genxx said.

3.5Max6spd
04-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Try this....reverse the polarity/phase of your tweeters that are greater than 12" apart from the mid. also check to make sure your midbasses are in phase with one another.

SQChevy
04-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Alright for one, I've run those before I got the Be's. My suggestion would be to put the midrange in some kick panels. That will help a lot with the sound. Also reversing the polarity should help. If I recall mine were out of phase as well. Work with some EQ before you get another set on components, they shouldn't be necessary.