PDA

View Full Version : new car thoughts...

sqhertz
04-11-2007, 01:16 PM
i made another thread but it didnt get far at all...
im looking at 95+ 2-door civics and integras. so to those who own or have owned them , what are your thoughts? pros/cons? problematic areas? cost/rarity of parts?
this would be my second car , comming from a '91 celica st with engine noises and some mean rust. i want to avoid all those headaces with this one.

:)

TIeclipseMOJO
04-11-2007, 01:18 PM
http://www.carsurvey.org/

good website for reviews from owners

sqhertz
04-11-2007, 01:36 PM
http://www.carsurvey.org/

good website for reviews from owners

great site. thanks.

mr_imperial
04-11-2007, 10:16 PM
hondas will go forever and get real good gas mileage but if your looking for performance (not saying it cant be done) but there are cheaper ways of doing it. But for just getting from point A to point B u really can't beat one.

sqhertz
04-11-2007, 10:30 PM
hondas will go forever and get real good gas mileage but if your looking for performance (not saying it cant be done) but there are cheaper ways of doing it. But for just getting from point A to point B u really can't beat one.

itll be a daily driver that i plan on owning for over a year. but i figured honda makes acura , the integras seem like acuras civic si. i just dont want to be dragging *** trying to pass someone.
going through that site mojo linked , people are giving both great reviews. then theres the people who ragged em out and give em ****** reviews.
part cost seems about the same between the two , and idont think itll be hard to find something for either car.

Lunchbocks
04-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Pretty much either a Civic or Integra can last for a very long time with proper maintenence. To the average driver and as an everyday car it doesn't take much to have enough get up for at least a reasonably fun ride. Tremendous aftermarket for Hondas and a lot of simple installs to make it more responsive. There are obviously more desirable versions, such as the Integra GSR because it comes with more horsepower from the factory than an LS version. A lot of the cars have engine swaps which isn't always a bad way to start off. Don't be afraid of swaps because it really doesn't subject itself to diminished reliability if the different motor is close to its stock configuration.

daicacharco
04-12-2007, 03:58 AM
get a integra <--- LS or GS-R

better yet get a 98+ Civic SI

get a civic w/ atleast a B- series motor

sqhertz
04-12-2007, 10:52 AM
if i do go for an integra itll be the ls , seeing how gsr's are hard to come by and out of my budget.
the civic will be a 95+ ex , if i can find one clean enough. everyone seems to have dx's around here.
im not going to be doing any swaps or major mods. rims , drop and maybe intake/exhaust. im just torn between the two. if the integras are just as reliable as civics ill probably jump on one of those. extra power is always good, and they look better.

:confused: :blackeye: :suicide:

jhubbell
04-17-2007, 11:15 PM
civics are notorious for rusting up around the wheelwell, and at the shop I used to work at we had A LOT more civics coming in then we did integras, cant really say what the problems with them were seeing as i was the tire and wheel guy, but i would definatley go with the integra