PDA

View Full Version : reversing polarity

bdavies11
04-10-2007, 08:24 PM
My midbass is a little weak and was thinking of switching the polarity on one of the midbass drivers on my component set to see if that will help any.
This might be a dumb question but can i switch the + and - to the midbass driver on the crossover instead of doing it on the speaker? My crossovers are in the back so it would be easier than taking my door panel off to get to the speaker.

ngsm13
04-10-2007, 08:25 PM
My midbass is a little weak and was thinking of switching the polarity on one of the midbass drivers on my component set to see if that will help any.
This might be a dumb question but can i switch the + and - to the midbass driver on the crossover instead of doing it on the speaker? My crossovers are in the back so it would be easier than taking my door panel off to get to the speaker.

nG

bdavies11
04-10-2007, 08:25 PM

nG

huh?

JimJ
04-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Don't mind him, it's just that one day a week where Noah goes into uselessness...it'll pass...until next week, that is :)

squeak9798
04-10-2007, 08:31 PM
This might be a dumb question but can i switch the + and - to the midbass driver on the crossover instead of doing it on the speaker?

Yes.

It is the same net effect.

bdavies11
04-10-2007, 08:33 PM
cool thanks.