PDA

View Full Version : duct taping speakers?

Twistid
04-10-2007, 10:07 AM
you think duct taping 6.5" interiors would make a difference in midbass ? like around the edges like people do for subwoofers

lilmaniac2
04-10-2007, 10:07 AM
if you have a crappy seal yes, but its not gonna help if your door is full of holes ;)

Twistid
04-10-2007, 10:09 AM
haha what if i duct taped all the holes in the door , like cheap-o sound deadening

i just dont want to go ahead and spend money on sound deadner seeing how im just going to buy a new car in the near future

lilmaniac2
04-10-2007, 10:11 AM
go buy peal and seal from lowes, it will work better than duct tape, and it cost about 3 dollars more a roll and you get get 2x as much as duct tape

Gary S
04-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Might help a little, but the problem with that stuff is it's not rigid. I would use fiberglass or thin 1/4" pieces of press board/MDF.. or larger if it would fit behind the panels.

You will never seal a door totally... there will be air leaks around the window molding and there are probably drain holes in the bottom of the door.

Before I would do all that work, I would see if I could install in the kick panels instead... it's a better location for imaging/sound stage and a better enclosure, provided the speakers will fit.