PDA

View Full Version : When do you know to add power ?

skullsmasher
04-10-2007, 02:04 AM
Basically I want to run 2 5 1/2s and some 6x9s off of a smaller 4ch amp, my 4.5's off of the deck and run my 2 12" Type Rs dual 2ohms off of a 1400d autotek amp.

Would I need to add a capacitor or alternator etc to power this?

I searched but couldnt really find what I was asking, maybe I was searching for the wrong keyword but, figured I'd ask. Hell thats why we haev this forum right ?

Supergumby5000
04-10-2007, 02:06 AM
install everything and see if you get voltage drops

if you do, do the big 3 and see if that helps

if you still get voltage drops, get a better battery/a second battery

if you continue to get voltage drops badly after that, it would probably be best to look into a better alternator

hatemonger
04-10-2007, 02:07 AM
you'll know when you put it in. capacitors are a waste of time. are you running 6x9's in the rear of your cabin?

skullsmasher
04-10-2007, 02:11 AM
you'll know when you put it in. capacitors are a waste of time. are you running 6x9's in the rear of your cabin?

yea. why?

what do you think though, will I have problems most likely?

hatemonger
04-10-2007, 02:21 AM
"surround sound" in a vehicle for music isn't normally the best option. i tried that for years and have yet to beat the sound of a good set of front components and decent substage. sometimes, simplifying is better. don't over think it when dealing with car audio. a really nice front stage and a nice sub stage sounds fvckin' awesome. a 1/2 *** front stage, and sub stage with an added 1/2 asssound from the rear can really mess up a good audio system.

skullsmasher
04-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Hmmm ok cool.

Can I run components off my deck or will I need to use another amp and get soe crossovers for a decent set of components too ?