PDA

View Full Version : 2007 $2K JBL car speakers... : )

16.6V
04-10-2007, 02:33 AM
Holly **** ? :confused:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBL660GTIMKII

dkmesa
04-10-2007, 02:40 AM
for the price those are hideous...clashing carbon fiber, vinyl, and white plastic...but I'm sure they sound crisp

Towncar
04-10-2007, 02:46 AM
The grills are ugly, but the speakers look fine. Looks to be a nice set.

Beat_Dominator
04-10-2007, 02:56 AM
JBL makes great products for the Japanese market, but all of those are compression drivers. At that price I wouldn't trust them to be better than other sets in that price range.

bdawson72
04-10-2007, 03:01 AM
i'll go with whatever beat says

4runnercrazy
04-10-2007, 03:02 AM
they better be all that and a bag of chips for that price

SQChevy
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
If you want to mix supreme sound with beautiful design and just doubling the price.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4312

Focal No7 Set with Crossblock - Now that is a cross block

Hoodlum007
04-10-2007, 12:17 PM
I wonder how they sound, for that price they better mind blowing.

revrider1
04-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Thats a crazy price...

2loud4u
04-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Look ok but like said above. You can get more for the money.

CaliforniabOY5
04-10-2007, 12:36 PM

yeah okay. . . instead of just making statements why dont you prove your statements with evidence?

TreyE
04-10-2007, 12:43 PM
who the **** would buy these? or any components around or over 2k unless you have wayyyy too much money to blow

16.6V
04-10-2007, 12:57 PM
I was not going to buy them. :laugh: Also note that this a 2-way set. :eek:

But on the other hand, JBL has been around pro audio forever and if they put $2k price tag on their product it is not out of sky. I know there must be something spacial. :yumyum:

TreyE
04-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I was not going to buy them. :laugh: Also note that this a 2-way set. :eek:

But on the other hand, JBL has been around pro audio forever and if they put $2k price tag on their product it is not out of sky. I know there must be something spacial. :yumyum:

maybe its the crossover the size of my trunk

Gary S
04-10-2007, 03:01 PM
What is that big white thing in the middle... is that a urinal?

Twistid
04-10-2007, 03:04 PM
looks to hold the tweeter

Towncar
04-10-2007, 03:35 PM

:rolleyes:

Fixxer
04-10-2007, 04:02 PM
A couple of CDT sets in the $1500+ range.. It really isn't that much money if SQ and tonal response are a must.

genxx
04-10-2007, 04:27 PM
For the average car audio enthusiast that is an entire system, True. But that really isn't even close to the highest price out there. Rainbow, Focal, Dynaudio, Alpine, CDT, Morel, Helix all have speakers equal to or way more expensive than these.

WhoSayWho?
04-12-2007, 02:21 AM
I guess you guys completely overlooked the free shipping.

bdawson72
04-12-2007, 02:26 AM
I guess you guys completely overlooked the free shipping.

I envy you sir

leonsv
04-12-2007, 02:52 AM
hmm... w18nx ($300 pr) + hiquphon ow2 ($200 pr) + alpine w200 ($800) + alpine h701 ($400) or spend $300 more and get jbl speakers.... hmm.. lol

Towncar
04-12-2007, 02:55 AM
hmm... w18nx ($300 pr) + hiquphon ow2 ($200 pr) + alpine w200 ($800) + alpine h701 ($400) or spend $300 more and get jbl speakers.... hmm.. lol

You could say the same for rainbow sets, focal, morel, dyn, ect... What point are you trying to make again?

genxx
04-12-2007, 03:29 AM
I think what he is trying to say is. The same thing I said--You can get an entire system for that amount of cash.:greedy: However, I have a pair of Rainbows. :yumyum: the Rainbow. So mabey this counts me out.

Towncar
04-12-2007, 03:40 AM
^^ That may be true, but everytime a rainbow thread gets started everyone praises them, but now that jbl has a high end set all of a sudden their is much better for the price..

bdubs767
04-12-2007, 03:59 AM
You could say the same for rainbow sets, focal, morel, dyn, ect... What point are you trying to make again?

hmmm focal BE or seas w18nx and ss 6600 w/ prs880 w/ $2k left over

happy :naughty: :naughty:

genxx
04-12-2007, 05:54 AM
^^ That may be true, but everytime a rainbow thread gets started everyone praises them, but now that jbl has a high end set all of a sudden their is much better for the price..

Rainbow gets praised because they have proven to be some of the best speakers on the market. Now I am not saying JBL doesn't make some awsome stuff(becuase they do, they have the technology)and mabey these are awsome. I have yet to hear a set of JBL's that could top the higher end stuff from Rainbow, Focal, Dynaudio or DLS and others.IMHO

This is the same reason the 720PRS for the money get praised some much and drives people crazy. The Pioneers have been able to compete with comp sets double and some times triple its going price at around $250.00 a set.IMO

So once JBL proves through user reviews and testing that these are worth 2k then they will be below the sets that have proven themselves time and time again.

Hebrew Hammer
04-12-2007, 09:34 AM
What is that big white thing in the middle... is that a urinal?

it's to control dispersion....

Hebrew Hammer
04-12-2007, 09:35 AM
you boys should try listening to high end comps instead talking trash just because it's out of your price range...90% of the time you get what you pay for.....

Hebrew Hammer
04-12-2007, 09:36 AM
I think what he is trying to say is. The same thing I said--You can get an entire system for that amount of cash.:greedy: However, I have a pair of Rainbows. :yumyum: the Rainbow. So mabey this counts me out.

there are way better speakers out there than rainbow....just fyi.....

genxx
04-12-2007, 09:42 AM

Yes there are. Never said they where the be all end all. There are alot I like just as much and some even more myself. I am just trying to prove a point.

WhoSayWho?
04-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Yes there are. Never said they where the be all end all. There are alot I like just as much and some even more myself. I am just trying to prove a point.

And I think that you have poven that point very well. (if the point you are proving is that you talk out of your *** about things you know nothing about).

Just kiddding. (kinda)

genxx
04-12-2007, 09:55 AM
OK. Well I guess that talking out of your *** get you some where at least.

At least I got to poven my point as you put it.

2001 USAC/ 1999 IASCA SQ world finals.

Looks like it got you the title Caraudio.com Veteran very impressive.

Just kidding.(kinda)

snoopdan
04-12-2007, 09:58 AM

Just kidding.(kinda)

im betting this guy gets banned within 6 months :fyi:

genxx
04-12-2007, 09:59 AM
What because you cannot take a come back after you try to flame someone.

937DYTBOI
04-12-2007, 10:03 AM
neo mag

Hebrew Hammer
04-12-2007, 10:04 AM

you didn't prove a point...you commented on a product that just released and seemed to have intimate knowledge on them....hell I haven't heard these yet...and I've been around the block once or twice....if they are anything like what bigg's had last year in the regal...then they are awesome....

genxx
04-12-2007, 10:12 AM
For the average car audio enthusiast that is an entire system, True. But that really isn't even close to the highest price out there. Rainbow, Focal, Dynaudio, Alpine, CDT, Morel, Helix all have speakers equal to or way more expensive than these.

Rainbow gets praised because they have proven to be some of the best speakers on the market. Now I am not saying JBL doesn't make some awsome stuff(becuase they do, they have the technology)and mabey these are awsome. I have yet to hear a set of JBL's that could top the higher end stuff from Rainbow, Focal, Dynaudio or DLS and others.IMHO

This is the same reason the 720PRS for the money get praised some much and drives people crazy. The Pioneers have been able to compete with comp sets double and some times triple its going price at around $250.00 a set.IMO

So once JBL proves through user reviews and testing that these are worth 2k then they will be below the sets that have proven themselves time and time again.

Ok here is everything I wrote. Never once did I say that they are garbage, bad, not good, worthless, over priced, because I am the person that would spend the money on something if I liked it and had the cash. I Never said I heard them. The thread was about the cost. And everything else I wrote was in response to either a question or to point out something. I guess I can only say one thing answer no questions and just read stuff in the forum. If that what you need me to do then I will do just that. I will do single post, answer no questions, not defend myself and just read what others post. I had one good come back on here, if it was just a joke then I took it wrong sorry.

Colt9699
04-12-2007, 10:34 AM
I like my JBL comps, IMO they make a great product.

SQBubble
04-12-2007, 01:14 PM
they look rly good, i like the small hgih roll surround and the kevlar cone is ***, you can't say that jbl ain't good ... they've been in business for too long , more for home and pro audio stuff but still car audio, never heard a single bad thing on their gti subs, only hear that they get loud and sound very good, I think their component will have succes.
would defenitly like to hear one!:)

bdubs767
04-12-2007, 01:53 PM

like audiobahn :naughty: :naughty:

I think you meant AT, SS, Seas though :eek:

bdubs767
04-12-2007, 01:59 PM
With all you bashing this set I think that is simply silly. I am more then willing to say this will be amazing comp set and if I were ever to go back to a car audio comp. set of speakers these would probably be it. JBL has more $ to spend on designing, testing, upgrading, ect... on this comp set then 90% of the rest of produces that produce car audio items, due to the money they take in from their pro audio gear. You think the brands like genesis, brax, and rainbow pull in any where near the money JBL does? I would have to say not even close. Also you guys may want to check out the pdf file JBL put out there to explain the complexity of this comp set. The passive Xover looks to simply the best out there along w/ the focal be.

c_hayhurst
04-12-2007, 02:52 PM
I wonder how they sound, for that price they better mind blowing.

You'd be amazed at the number of people willing to waste money on things just because they are expensive. Just look at Saks Fifth Avenue, Urban Outfitters, Lexus', BMW's, Whole Foods, etc. Sure, the quality is higher than comparable products, but the marginal cost FAR exceeds the marginal value.

Even if I was a millionaire, I wouldn't pay $2000 for some component speakers.

Towncar
04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Even if I was a millionaire, I wouldn't pay $2000 for some component speakers.

But they are 1500...

spudracer326
04-12-2007, 03:02 PM
If you want to mix supreme sound with beautiful design and just doubling the price.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4312

Focal No7 Set with Crossblock - Now that is a cross block

welcome to a couple years ago...

SQBubble
04-12-2007, 08:31 PM
at the end its all user preference of sound and install anyways...

WhoSayWho?
04-12-2007, 10:42 PM

Just kidding.(kinda)

Just continue to express your opinion about speakers that you have never heard or even seen. Very impressive.

16.6V
04-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I know that this JBL set is going to be a great find for someone running $3k Sony amp and $2k Panasonic head-unit. :cool:

WillyG4444
04-13-2007, 12:55 AM
I don't think anyone here should criticize the price on these until you actually hear the components. What is the point? Just because Morel and Focal have components in the thousands, you assume a very mainstream brand, JBL is way overpriced? Listen to them, then write a review. Enough said.

genxx
04-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Just continue to express your opinion about speakers that you have never heard or even seen. Very impressive.

I am not trying to be a smart a**. I just could not find anything that I posted that was leading me to the same conclusion that you had. I am big enough and respectfully enough to all the people on here that have been here a while to apologize for any comments or opinions that offend you.

I am just going to follow your advice, others advice and my own advice and not post on anything unless I:
1. Own them and have tested them personally for whatever brand speaker is in that thread.
2. Have heard whatever the exact speaker.
3. Not do or say anything that is not directly related to something I have heard, owned or have personnel have hands on knowledge of.
4. I will not flame or defend.
5. Keep my personnel opinions to a minimuim even if I have that set of speaker or have had that brand in past multiple times.
6. I think this should keep my from not giving out any personally opinions that could be false as others do, so that I at least try to keep myself 1/2 way respectful.

I will conitue to just read post for the most part, thats it.

16.6V
04-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Why you are angry? We all know that these speakers are the ***. :eek:

Once you buy them, you won’t be able to sell them to anyone for more than $300-350. :yumyum:

WhoSayWho?
04-13-2007, 09:28 AM
I am not trying to be a smart a**. I just could not find anything that I posted that was leading me to the same conclusion that you had. I am big enough and respectfully enough to all the people on here that have been here a while to apologize for any comments or opinions that offend you.

I am just going to follow your advice, others advice and my own advice and not post on anything unless I:
1. Own them and have tested them personally for whatever brand speaker is in that thread.
2. Have heard whatever the exact speaker.
3. Not do or say anything that is not directly related to something I have heard, owned or have personnel have hands on knowledge of.
4. I will not flame or defend.
5. Keep my personnel opinions to a minimuim even if I have that set of speaker or have had that brand in past multiple times.
6. I think this should keep my from not giving out any personally opinions that could be false as others do, so that I at least try to keep myself 1/2 way respectful.

I will conitue to just read post for the most part, thats it.

That sounds like a plan. No hard feelings.

SQChevy
04-13-2007, 10:44 AM
welcome to a couple years ago...

HUH?

pikers
04-14-2007, 02:08 AM
One of the problems that people have with products and lines like this is the fact that you usually find them in big box stores. Now what's amusing about this is that lines like JBL are actually part of Harmon International--a company that makes home gear like Revel, Mark Levinson, and Lexicon in their Specialty Group line.:yumyum: Infinity is a great "bridge brand" that has high-end attributes but can be found in big boxers also.

Why companies do this is so that one parent company can distribute multiple brands to different distribution markets, so that lines don't step all over each other when little stores (that offer the better installation and advice) try to compete with box-movers like BB/CC.:suicide:

Don't let the marketers play with your perceptions like this. Do your auditioning before you comment. Quality has little to do with where it's sold.