PDA

View Full Version : Designing my cab box, help me out please

skullsmasher
04-09-2007, 11:08 PM
2 x 12" Type-R Dual 2ohms / Autotek 1400d (Hopefully :) )....

Ok, I am going to make a box similar to the pictures but, i have a few questions

If I submit my truck cab specs, can you use your box program to give me the cut requirements?

Should I divide each sub and port each of them or should I keep them both together with no division and port it ?

Is there a better way to calculate how big the box shuold be ? I was just going to make it fit my ext cab nicely..?

Should I add some silicone to the screws or screw holes when I install the subs and mount the amp on the box?

Should I put anythign inside of the box like that white foam stuff I see them use in pre fab boxes?

Will carpeting the box or painting it help the sound at all ?

Any help is appreciated.

Trixter
04-10-2007, 02:16 PM
2 x 12" Type-R Dual 2ohms / Autotek 1400d (Hopefully :) )....

Ok, I am going to make a box similar to the pictures but, i have a few questions

If I submit my truck cab specs, can you use your box program to give me the cut requirements?

i don't use a program but can do that.

Should I divide each sub and port each of them or should I keep them both together with no division and port it ?

keep them together.

Is there a better way to calculate how big the box shuold be ? I was just going to make it fit my ext cab nicely..?

you need to compair what is recommended to what you have to work with.

Should I add some silicone to the screws or screw holes when I install the subs and mount the amp on the box?

you don't have to but wouldn't hurt.

Should I put anythign inside of the box like that white foam stuff I see them use in pre fab boxes?

don't need to in a ported enclosure, you can add some later to see if you like the sound better.

Will carpeting the box or painting it help the sound at all ?

no.

skullsmasher
04-10-2007, 02:27 PM
thanks man