PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation of tweeters to use with these comps.

wedoca
04-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Ok, I have the Rainbow Profi Vanadium Phose plug comp, the tweeters that came with it are thte cal 26. I know these are some smooth tweeters and very easy to listen to(according to everybody). However, I know there are better out there. So I've done a lot of research and found that the Scan Speak 7000 ring is terrible off-axis (these were the ones I was going to get originally), but now I have my eyes on the scan speak 7100, which is exeptionall good off-axis it is a Scan Speak.
I haven't heard any of them, but from what I read from those people who has, they are like among the best tweeters you can get. So now, have you heard any of them and how are they compare to the Rainbow tweeters? Is it that important to have an inclosure midbass to use with the Scan Speaks? Will it be ok with the Rainbow x-overs? Any opinions would be greatly appreciate. Thank you.

genxx
04-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Why would not use the Cal26 they are consider some of the best of any brand ever produced? Why would you buy a set of Rainbow Profi Van then try to substitute the tweeter thats a waste of money. Should have just bought the W165 Phase plug or the W165 Kick if you trying to peice something together. If you do not like those then go Cal27/Cal28, if you got the cash. [B]If you want to get rid of your Cal26 tweeters let me know I will buy them.[/

I am not trying to be mean I just do not understand this even if trying to go DIY.
I guess if you got a smokin' deal.

You will not find to many people on this site that have the knowledge base to answer this question but there are some. I cannot even answer this. You can also try www.DIYmobileaudio.com, they do alot of scan-speak and other on there.

alphakenny1
04-09-2007, 05:52 PM
why not just try them out and if you want to change, then change?

genxx
04-09-2007, 06:34 PM
And sell my your Cal26 set.

genxx
04-09-2007, 06:35 PM
why not just try them out and if you want to change, then change?

Good point. I was just in shock because I like mine.

wedoca
04-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I bought the profi vanad set because I didn't know much about all the other high end brands like scan speak, seas etc etc. I've always wanted to know how it feels to have some ultra hign end equipments to listen to on the road, not to mention that's the sole reason why I like driving. The Pioneer front and rear coaxial speakers which I got from Best Buy are what's running in my Camry, (don't laugh) they're alright back in the day. However, after I bought the McIntosh MX4000/MDA4000 along with the McIntosh M431M amp and put those in, the speakers just got to go. So here I'm going forum hopping and read all the threads and reviews in search of the best out there. Done alot of researching in the past month, got to know alot of the difference between different brands, at the end no one seems to dislike the Rainbow. I heard nothing but good things about them, so I got them. But you know something better is always out there, and curious about how much better can this get. So I've done more research, which means more options, making me undecisive; and this is an EXPENSIVE HOBBY! Thanks to you guys, I finally got some answers.

P.S. Let's all start save some money for some Rainbow Reference...

genxx
04-10-2007, 12:39 AM
I could be happy with either the Platinum or the Reference line real easy.

3.5Max6spd
04-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Is it that important to have an inclosure midbass to use with the Scan Speaks?

No. If you use a scanspeak raw driver for midbass, yes. Their parameters suit vented, sealed apps to utilize their widest usable freq range

Will it be ok with the Rainbow x-overs?

No. It is an 8ohm driver designed for monitor/cabinet use in the home,studio...It will see a diff value at the xover point because the passive is for a 4ohm driver.

wedoca
04-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the reply. I really appreciated.