PDA

View Full Version : tweeters cut off.

MEET MR. ME TOO
04-09-2007, 04:57 PM
wassup everyone. i installed a system this weekend when all was done turned it up and sounded great loud clear bass was bumpin. now today the guy calls me saying that when he turns it up the rear tweeters cutoff. imma check his car out tonight 1st thing imma work with is the gains. if thats not the problem the second thing i had in mind was just bypass the crossovers that cam with the tweeters and just wire them the tweeters to the amp. any suggestions? the amp is a 4 channel and the tweets are 4ohms . i have 2 pairs of tweets, and 4 speakers all are 4 ohm. so im running all at 2ohm per channel. the 4 tweets are wired to the front land r and speakers are rear l and r.thanx for any help.

MEET MR. ME TOO
04-09-2007, 05:05 PM
help!

goodstuff
04-09-2007, 05:23 PM
wassup everyone. i installed a system this weekend when all was done turned it up and sounded great loud clear bass was bumpin. now today the guy calls me saying that when he turns it up the rear tweeters cutoff. imma check his car out tonight 1st thing imma work with is the gains. if thats not the problem the second thing i had in mind was just bypass the crossovers that cam with the tweeters and just wire them the tweeters to the amp. any suggestions? the amp is a 4 channel and the tweets are 4ohms . i have 2 pairs of tweets, and 4 speakers all are 4 ohm. so im running all at 2ohm per channel. the 4 tweets are wired to the front land r and speakers are rear l and r.thanx for any help.

Ok I guess you could have the gains up too high and the amp is going into protect mode but I don't think the gains are your problem...

Don't bypass the crossovers for the tweeters....they will blow if you feed them a full range signal from the amp...

hmm so you are running all four tweeters off the front channels and the mids(? guessing they are mids) off the rear? Why not a set of the tweeters with the mids?

What kind of speakers / crossovers?

MEET MR. ME TOO
04-09-2007, 05:29 PM
they are seperates. the amp is 75 x 4 @2ohms im using 2 channels ( front r and front l) 2 per channel wired parallel making a 2 ohm load per channel. on the rear 2 channels i have 2 rear deck 6 x 9 and 2 4 x 6 doors. the tweeters are seperates different brand the speakers are also running a 2 ohm load per pair. the tweeters could take up to 100 rms. wouldnt it be ok if i turn the hpf all the way on the front R/L where the tweeters are wired and bypass the crossovers that came with the tweeters if the amp is only 75rms.

MEET MR. ME TOO
04-09-2007, 05:31 PM
actually the amp is not going into protect mode the fronts and speakers still work it seems like the crossovers are cutting the rear tweets off.

goodstuff
04-09-2007, 05:40 PM
wouldnt it be ok if i turn the hpf all the way on the front R/L where the tweeters are wired and bypass the crossovers that came with the tweeters if the amp is only 75rms.

what are the specs on the hpf? I dunno that MIGHT work...but wouldn't it be easier to just use the crossovers?

MEET MR. ME TOO
04-09-2007, 05:53 PM
it would but that seems to be the cause of them cutting off. i have a maind 3way crossover in the back so maybe i can work thru that.

MEET MR. ME TOO
04-09-2007, 06:04 PM
hmmmmmmmm

MEET MR. ME TOO
04-09-2007, 06:22 PM
anyone?

16.6V
04-10-2007, 02:06 AM
Passive crossovers can't cut tweeters off. :confused: If you send too much power x-overs will melt and cut tweeters off forever, but more likely the tweeters are going to melt much earlier.

Try to lower the gains first. If the same thing happens again, substitute another amp and try it.

goodstuff
04-10-2007, 10:01 AM
try different crossovers? I bought a pair of speakers used once (never again) and one of the crossovers was bad...was able to get it off ebay for 25...which was great because they went for 400 brand new for the whole set....

jmoreno150
04-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Passive crossovers can't cut tweeters off. :confused: If you send too much power x-overs will melt and cut tweeters off forever, but more likely the tweeters are going to melt much earlier.

Try to lower the gains first. If the same thing happens again, substitute another amp and try it.

i agree but the only thing is that its cuts off and works again once i turn it down so its not like its was cut off forever. 1st thing i thought of was mess with the gains on the amp and turn them down a bit and it did the same. maybe on the main 3way xover i woould have to turn to a diff,frequency where a mid note is not passable.

jmoreno150
04-10-2007, 10:46 AM
its weird i took a look at mr. me toos ***** and can point a finger on the problem. 1st time seeing it.