PDA

View Full Version : definitive technology customer service a+

1loudsuv
04-09-2007, 10:48 AM
well you guys know ive been messing with my system the past few days and i noticed one of the tweeters sounded harsh at times (during peaks in music at any volume) it sounded distorted so i switched outputs on the receiver and still the same tweeter does the noise.

i call my dealer at 9 pm saturday and he ask's me what i want to do. get both new towers or do i want to replace all the tweeters or whatever i want. told him just want to replace the one tweeter (towers to heavy to be lugging around and dont want to risk getting a bad set). he says cool ill have definitive technology call you to confirm shipping on the tweeter, just got the call right now tweeter should be here 3-5 days :) free of charge sweet!

joetama
04-09-2007, 11:02 AM
How did you damage it?

1loudsuv
04-09-2007, 11:11 AM
How did you damage it?

im not sure if it came like that or if i did it...... i doubt i did it. center channel gets the most use and thats fine. and i can swear i heard the noise before. but since the noise is not always their (only in peaks of music which i don't listing to much music).

Vipervenom18
04-16-2007, 03:29 AM
My def tech tweeter did the same thing on my left tower.

Not the best in the world, as it came this way, but I just replaced the tower. Oh yeah, the other towers built in amp for the subwoofer never turned on either, so i pretty much got two new towers that actually worked.

1loudsuv
04-16-2007, 05:23 PM
got the tweeter today installed and it cleaned up the highs more then i expected. i had moved the distorted sounding one facing the rear but i guess it was somehow affecting other tweeters cause theirs a whole lot more detail in sound its day and night difference. im gonna guess and say that tweeter was shorting out and causing my amp to clip.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/subingncali/0416071334.jpg