PDA

View Full Version : RSX type S vs. SVT Lightning

Trey803
04-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Well i just got done driving my brothers 06 RSX type s and **** I think it could give my lightning a run for its money. Does anyone know what a 06 rsx type s runs in the 1/4 mile. The six speed feels so much different under acceleration than the automatic 4 speed in my truck.

bri487
04-08-2007, 10:34 PM
truck vs. car. truck has no traction, truck is most likely heavier, less aerodynamic, but it is a ****** sport truck with a supercharged v8, **** it. my godfather had a lightning, then he got the denali truck, then he got the srt10.

Eugenics
04-08-2007, 10:36 PM
if you guys were going from a roll i'm betting the lightning would have it pegged. i personally think the RSX is a much better vehicle.

Trey803
04-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Yes I liked the rsx better but I do like that styling of the lighting A LOT better than the import look. But overall it handles about 300x better. Its got some crazy torque too when you hit about 6 or 7 on the rpm's it changes the cam setting (i-vtech) and you can feel the pull on the steering wheel from the torque

Eugenics
04-08-2007, 10:45 PM
i was never impressed by lightnings. the interior was put together with velcro.

jonnybusa
04-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Well i just got done driving my brothers 06 RSX type s and **** I think it could give my lightning a run for its money. Does anyone know what a 06 rsx type s runs in the 1/4 mile. The six speed feels so much different under acceleration than the automatic 4 speed in my truck.

My lightning stock ran a 13.6, and I've seen the rsx's run 14.0's
If the lightning is modded @ all, its over. The rsx driver may have ******, though.
My lightning was running 11.5's w/ a kenne belle, and some other bolt ons, btw

Trey803
04-08-2007, 11:13 PM

Interior of lightnings is suede with leather inerts. One of the best interiors ever in my opinion and there is no velcro

Zxcvtypo
04-08-2007, 11:15 PM
I love my type-s :yumyum:

Some minor mods this summer and I'll love it more, hopefully I don't get the urge to boost.....$$$$$$$

Platestacker45
04-08-2007, 11:17 PM
I'd still rather have a full size V8 truck. I would have a hard time feeling like a man driving a little RSX around town. It's like one of those little buzzy highschool cheerleader cars.

Trey803
04-08-2007, 11:20 PM
My Lightning wont be out of the shop for at least a month and I have to drive a POS s-10 with some little *** motor it sux:(

2000Gator
04-08-2007, 11:24 PM
i raced a rsx type s in my 94 mustang gt before i crashed it and smoked it, they are legitametely quick but still the srt-4s and 1.8ts are quicker i think. lightnings are quick. i want a blower for my navigator. if anyone has one off a lightning hit me up

22mountaineer
04-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Yea it ***** going from something pretty nice to something your mom has when your **** breaks. Me and a buddy wire houses and he had a little hemi, well we decided to take the back seats out of his mom van and use it. I dont think it even had 2nd gear.. lol, really ******

He was used to his truck and pulled out in front of someone and we about got messed up a little, to say the least.

btw- the srt10s are SICK, but personally I would get me a king ranch! 'lick lips'

Trey803
04-08-2007, 11:26 PM
srt-4's def. hands down best money to speed ratio car in the market.

Wkbdkid
04-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Stay with an American made product. RSX's look nice but its always good to have a bed incase ya need to carry something big

Eugenics
04-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Interior of lightnings is suede with leather inerts. One of the best interiors ever in my opinion and there is no velcro

big fat gaps in the dash, cheap plastic.

I'd still rather have a full size V8 truck. I would have a hard time feeling like a man driving a little RSX around town. It's like one of those little buzzy highschool cheerleader cars.

thats the difference between you and a real man.

srt-4's def. hands down best money to speed ratio car in the market.

in a straight line perhaps.

bri487
04-09-2007, 02:41 AM
big fat gaps in the dash, cheap plastic.

perhaps after you put one back together.

CaliforniabOY5
04-09-2007, 02:51 AM

so is a camaro :(

Eugenics
04-09-2007, 03:37 AM
perhaps after you put one back together.

they are made of legos

bri487
04-09-2007, 03:40 AM
they are made of legos

gm's are made with ****ing eggo's. what do you drive?

Eugenics
04-09-2007, 03:47 AM
gm's are made with ****ing eggo's. what do you drive?

i currently own a vw.

my mustangs interior was just as pathetic as every other pre 06 ford.

and i must agree with the GM comment.

however both gm and ford's interiors and cars as a whole have been much (thats an under statment) better as of late.

Eugenics
04-09-2007, 03:50 AM
i would like to know how what i drive relates to my assessment of fords interior quality.

bri487
04-09-2007, 03:50 AM
the interior in my 98 mustang was fine. the interior in my dads 02 F150 is fine, the interior in my brother 03 and 04 expo were fine. the interior in my 05 silverado was garbage.

bri487
04-09-2007, 03:51 AM
i would like to know how what i drive relates to my assessment of fords interior quality.

i want to see what you consider better quality, because if you have such high standards by no means would you be driving a bucket of bolts.

Eugenics
04-09-2007, 04:03 AM
the interior in my 98 mustang was fine. the interior in my dads 02 F150 is fine, the interior in my brother 03 and 04 expo were fine. the interior in my 05 silverado was garbage.

the interior in your 98 was the same as my 96 (for the most part). The leather was the sourced from the same place supplys payless shoe source. And if the exterior panels were made with a material half as hard as the dash inserts i would've been able to nudge street sweepers out of my way with little problems.

i want to see what you consider better quality, because if you have such high standards by no means would you be driving a bucket of bolts.

You're coming from the "if you can't do that (any better) then don't comment on how well he/she does it" angle. Which is flawed in many ways.

I could drive a Geo and it would not change the fact that fords and chevy's have included **** poor interiors in their vehicles until only recently. (the new vehicles aren't great, but they're MUCH better). I have driven a few nice vehicles and many more vehicles that are much more humble. The lightning is good for its intended purpose, but not a whole lot more. hints my statement that he should go with a RSX. blunt instruments are fun for a while, but unless you have another vehicle for weekdays they become very tiring.

bri487
04-09-2007, 04:16 AM
You're coming from the "if you can't do that (any better) then don't comment on how well he/she does it" angle. Which is flawed in many ways.

I could drive a Geo and it would not change the fact that fords and chevy's have included **** poor interiors in their vehicles until only recently. (the new vehicles aren't great, but they're MUCH better). I have driven a few nice vehicles and many more vehicles that are much more humble. The lightning is good for its intended purpose, but not a whole lot more. hints my statement that he should go with a RSX. blunt instruments are fun for a while, but unless you have another vehicle for weekdays they become very tiring.

no not at all, i just wanted to know what you reference

Airman21
04-09-2007, 04:45 AM
i love my 01 mustang gt.. interior is fine i dont see what your talking about.

LoudCrownVic
04-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Personaly, I went from driving one of the best handling cars of all time to a Ford Ranger.

If you drive in the city alot, or curvy country roads, you will soon tire of just about any truck unless it's modified. Parking is a chore, corners are scary at times, and acceleration is sloppy and slow unless you beat on it. Gas mileage is low, even with a tiny engine.

I agree with eugenics' comment about a "blunt instrument" trucks can be frustratring and tiring to drive. But, there are sacrifices you make for "cool factor". The RSX is not as cool as a Lightning. At least IMO.

dkmesa
04-09-2007, 01:23 PM
The RSX probably does close to 15, your lightning should have no problem taking it in a straight line, but I would much rather have an RSX for daily driving

Ninteens
04-09-2007, 01:35 PM
I have out ran A RSX with my Infiniti Q45. They arn't anything special when they are stock.
And I bet my interior is better!

Kaltenberg
04-09-2007, 01:57 PM
ive never drivin or rode in a lightning but my aunt owns a 06 rsx 6spd, there fast. im not a pro shifter and that thing took off. Id say it will be close but if your truck is pulling that power in the 6-7 rpm then you might win

bumpinne0n
04-10-2007, 12:40 AM
The Lightning definitely shouldn't have a problem taking an RSX-S in the 1/4. They're high 14 second cars stock with a good driver. The regular RSXs, I believe are around mid-high 15 second cars. They don't have much torque, maybe 140 ft-lbs, which means they aren't much from a stop, but they've got a lot of top-end power (90mph +). I think they're pretty decent cars, but I'd be weary of buying a used one because it's a car that people like to run the balls off of, it's basically a kid's car.

It is an Acura though, which means the aftermarket support is endless. I believe there are some RSX-S's with a reflash (hondata), exhaust/header, and an intake that are breaking into the 13s.

B_Campbell
04-10-2007, 12:41 AM
if you guys were going from a roll i'm betting the lightning would have it pegged. i personally think the RSX is a much better vehicle.

cuz your a homosexual... I kid I kid

B_Campbell
04-10-2007, 12:44 AM
for the record comparing old gm and ford interiors is like comparing 2 different types of boo boo

dumple
04-10-2007, 12:46 AM
My lightning stock ran a 13.6, and I've seen the rsx's run 14.0's
If the lightning is modded @ all, its over. The rsx driver may have ******, though.
My lightning was running 11.5's w/ a kenne belle, and some other bolt ons, btw

mmmm kenne belle

DaveDSMer
04-10-2007, 05:33 AM
bench racing for the win.

Jep772
04-10-2007, 05:46 AM
http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/Lightning_1.jpg

bri487
04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
^i bet that thing makes about 170 ft/lbs of torque

tukn18s
04-10-2007, 08:58 PM

thats weak.....:suave: but on the topic of the RSX and the lightning, never ridden in a Lightning, but the RSX is pretty quick I guess. Id line my bird up against either one no question.

Eugenics
04-10-2007, 09:13 PM

desert heats vehicle does that when he shifts into reverse.

QtrHorse
04-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Eugenics is correct when it comes to the interior of Fords somewhat. If he is compairing it to a Audi, BMW, Honda, Acura and ect.., the Fords is not up to par. My 99 F250 actually has great inerior, no gaps, good panel fitment but it is not the best made stuff. It lets all kinds of road noise come through and over time gets noisy (squeaks and rattles...). The comment about the denseness/ tuffness of the panels is true, you could use that plastic material to cover the space shuttle. I have pried and bent the panels to remove them but they have never broken.

negativezeroz
04-13-2007, 11:15 AM

The K20 is a great motor but it can't compete with the torque of those V8's.

That is where Honda's ****; torque. Sure my K20Z3 has good horsepower but if I had say 200 ft-lbs I'd really be moving. The RSX-S vs my car is a driver's race since it's the same tranny and motor, with the exceptions that I have a different balancer shaft and DBW.

But in order to maintain good MPG, we lose torque :fro: I average 28-29mpg city driving while Honda says 23mpg city :naughty:

95bat
04-14-2007, 02:55 PM
This thread makes me laugh... ignorance can be so entertaining!

Eugenics
04-14-2007, 02:59 PM
This thread makes me laugh... ignorance can be so entertaining!

Please enlighten us all knowing one.

95bat
04-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Please enlighten us all knowing one.
No worries, I agree with most of the stuff you said :) Some of the other guys in this thread made me laugh, though.

But, just for the record and in defense of GM interiors, the new Corvette Z06 seats were more comfortable to me than the F430 and the Gallardo. I want something that comfortable in my car :(

quakerroatmeal
04-14-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't even think this should be a comparison. I love how the newer 05-06 rsx's look though.

dak0ta_g33k
04-14-2007, 06:51 PM
uhh how about neither are in production next year. both would slap my showboat slow mopar...

Eugenics
04-15-2007, 05:33 PM
No worries, I agree with most of the stuff you said :) Some of the other guys in this thread made me laugh, though.

But, just for the record and in defense of GM interiors, the new Corvette Z06 seats were more comfortable to me than the F430 and the Gallardo. I want something that comfortable in my car :(

:)

i would love to have a go at around a track with an f430. probably would not be one of my picks for a street car though.

95bat
04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
:)

i would love to have a go at around a track with an f430. probably would not be one of my picks for a street car though.
Yeah I didn't get to drive it on the track :( But I did drive it like an f'in maniac on the street of Irvine LOL.

Ferrari says the electronic aids are so awesome any decent driver can get in the f430 and be within a second or two of their professional drivers around a track.

Eugenics
04-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Yeah I didn't get to drive it on the track :( But I did drive it like an f'in maniac on the street of Irvine LOL.

Ferrari says the electronic aids are so awesome any decent driver can get in the f430 and be within a second or two of their professional drivers around a track.

i always turn that stuff off. or atleast disable as much as i can. i think it takes away from the fun of the experience and gives you a false sense of security. part of the reason i dont like awd cars. its almost like a cheaters tool.

of course i have never driven the likes of a f430.

95bat
04-15-2007, 09:01 PM
i always turn that stuff off. or atleast disable as much as i can. i think it takes away from the fun of the experience and gives you a false sense of security. part of the reason i dont like awd cars. its almost like a cheaters tool.

of course i have never driven the likes of a f430.
The electronics have their place... in a race environment they aren't needed for experienced drivers, but in other environments they are very useful.

The Z06 was my favorite to drive... the roar of the LS7 just makes you smile every time :D Even with 505hp, the clutch was incredibly smooth. That car pulled just as hard in 3rd gear as it did in 1st gear... I was truly impressed.

Eugenics
04-15-2007, 09:09 PM
My father is waiting to see what is going on with the new vette, 'blue devil, stingray, ss, z07' if he gets one i will be visiting him much more often.

i sadly have not had the seat time in the machines that you have. lucky man.

95bat
04-15-2007, 10:33 PM
That new vette is going to be a monster... supposed to be a 650hp supercharged 6.2L ... I'm getting wet already.

A college buddy of mine got a job at a car magazine after he graduated... he'd give us a phone call when he brought home the good stuff :D I sure wish I had his job lol

Eugenics
04-15-2007, 10:52 PM
That new vette is going to be a monster... supposed to be a 650hp supercharged 6.2L ... I'm getting wet already.

A college buddy of mine got a job at a car magazine after he graduated... he'd give us a phone call when he brought home the good stuff :D I sure wish I had his job lol

This just came out http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/13/2009-corvette-ss-blue-devil-in-final-stage-of-tuning/

and now they're saying it will probably be based on the LS7

95bat
04-15-2007, 11:14 PM
That would be AWESOME if it were based off the LS7. The only sucky thing about that is a supercharged 6.2L would be cheaper than a supercharged LS7 or even a naturally aspirated, larger displacement motor. The only thing that is for certain is that it will have more than 600hp to put it back in the top slot :D The new Viper has 600hp and GM has to top them, of course hehe. That would be awesome if they push it to 700hp in the 2nd or 3rd year of production... I could only dream of owning one lol.

Eugenics
04-16-2007, 12:03 AM
That would be AWESOME if it were based off the LS7. The only sucky thing about that is a supercharged 6.2L would be cheaper than a supercharged LS7 or even a naturally aspirated, larger displacement motor. The only thing that is for certain is that it will have more than 600hp to put it back in the top slot :D The new Viper has 600hp and GM has to top them, of course hehe. That would be awesome if they push it to 700hp in the 2nd or 3rd year of production... I could only dream of owning one lol.

Personally i think 600hp is too much for the viper. And i would love to see a N/A supervette. But i know that wont be happening :( A LS7 based monster would be quite nice. Lutz needs to execute this one flawlessly though.

masone
05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
my truck will smoke both of them lol

munchies
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
as an rsx driver...SVT lightning assuming stock vs stock. but who runs stock these days :naughty:

billabongcr
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM

new dodges are awesome..alittle lacking in the motor (235hp stock) compared to the chevy 5.3 (325hp stock) or the ford 5.4 (300hp stock)..but still an awesome motor. a few upgrades, and your right up there with the other 2.

chevy and ford have the horsepower, chevy has the positrack rearend, but dodge has styling wwaayy beyond either. they all have their strengths

ighettoboyi
05-03-2007, 11:05 AM
fully bolted on RSX's are fun

bigbirney420
05-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Ive run both. Stock to stock the lightning is a little faster. And with a $1000.00 in mods to both its a lot faster.