PDA

View Full Version : upgrading speakers dalema

trilla
04-08-2007, 05:11 AM
ok here's the deal i want to keep my oem headunit because of the clean look,i just had my system installed:

audiocontrol lc6
5ch kicker amp
alpine type r comps front,polk coax rear
IDQ 12

now im not really satisfy with the comps and i want to upgrade them to rainbows or seas,question is would i notice a andy big difference since im using the stock HU or am i just wasting money

CRAZYCORNUTS18
04-08-2007, 09:15 AM
the head unit dont really matter if the comp are on a amp....but i may be wrong

CRAZYCORNUTS18
04-08-2007, 09:24 AM
and wut the rms on the amp?

W8 a minute
04-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I think you'll notice a difference. But if I were you I'd ditch the rears and bridge two channels of that amp for the front. Then you'll be like "Oh my God"...LOL

CRAZYCORNUTS18
04-08-2007, 09:28 AM
yea i didnt read that you had rears yea take those out

chucku
04-08-2007, 12:11 PM
I would agree with the above, but to really hear a diff ditch the factory HU. Trust me, Ive been where you are and after getting an aftermarkey HU its night and day.

Gary S
04-08-2007, 03:53 PM
...to really hear a diff ditch the factory HU. Trust me, Ive been where you are and after getting an aftermarkey HU its night and day.

- Bingo.

That's the first thing I would recommend. I know they make adapters for factory head units to work with after market equipment, but in many cases they are just band aids and not a cure. Coaxes with an after market head unit might sound better than the factory radio with expensive component speakers. You need to get over it and buy an aftermarket unit.

genxx
04-08-2007, 04:05 PM
You would notice a difference but probably not what you want.IMO You can keep the rears or ditch them.IMO You need to use the money you where going to spend on the comps and either get a new HU or get a RF 3sixty to keep factory. I would get the HU.IMO

trilla
04-08-2007, 10:09 PM
really good answers here thanks for all the imputs guys

You would notice a difference but probably not what you want.IMO You can keep the rears or ditch them.IMO You need to use the money you where going to spend on the comps and either get a new HU or get a RF 3sixty to keep factory. I would get the HU.IMO

yea that's what i figure and for the price of 3sixty/palm pilot i might as well get a indash navi,i guess that'll be my next buy then.

genxx
04-09-2007, 02:02 AM
really good answers here thanks for all the imputs guys

yea that's what i figure and for the price of 3sixty/palm pilot i might as well get a indash navi,i guess that'll be my next buy then.

You can get a 3sixty if you search around for a decent price. Now if you go trying to by a 3sixty.2 then that another story. You can get a palm pilot used for cheap. So you could do this set-up for about 400.00 or so pretty easy. There are a lot of awsome HU that are cheaper that would give you everything that you need and more for less.