PDA

View Full Version : False wall question

bumpnzx3
04-07-2007, 10:28 PM
I am planning a single sealed sub setup. I will place the enclosure in the rear of the trunk, up against the back seat, firing towards the rear of the car. I am pondering the idea of a false wall going across the sub enclosure- naturually with some sort of cutout for the sub. I would hide one amp on each side of the enclosure- behind the wall. I would like this install to be as clean/stealth as possible. My question is this: will the 1/2 mdf false wall (or whatever kind of wood I decide to use) cut down/have an effect on the sound that enters the cabin at all?

Volenti
04-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Rear firing in a trunk works best when there is as little obstruction as possible to the airflow between the woofer/port side of the box and the cabin space, as you restrict this air flow you reduce and change the bass response, a false wall definitely falls into the restricting category.

bumpnzx3
04-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Figures....I guess I might have to start looking into the idea of up firing the sub and using a false floor for the sub/amps. I don't like the idea of having a singe cube shaped box just chilling out in the trunk up against the seat- I am looking for a clean/stealth'ish install.