PDA

View Full Version : i feal stupid...

1loudsuv
04-07-2007, 06:12 PM
so today i was adjusting my receiver to try and get a flatter response and i was gonna hook up my right tower to the center to try to adjust that one to and when i disconnected i noticed right away teh bass got louder and deeper then i thought to myself hmmmm im an idiot that means they were wired out of phase and i check and sure enough the right tower was wired out of phase....

now im listining to it and it has alot more midbass and alot more of the 20 hertz bass... hah sometimes the smallest things get passed you. :laugh: :blackeye:

anyone ever make the same mistake? ive made it plenty of times :( its cause im so impatient i want to hook it up and get her going asap with any setup.

Flipx99
04-07-2007, 06:14 PM
I am amazed that you can distinguish 20 hertz frequencies from other frequencies when a melody is played.

As for hooking stuff up wrong. I am bad. I am worse about measuring poorly.

MTXman
04-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Sounds pretty stupid...

Maybe you feel even stupider because you spelt feel like this: "feal" :)

1loudsuv
04-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Sounds pretty stupid...

yah i know i misspelled but now im all excited gonna watch identity right now in lossless audio and theirs allot of good reviews on it about its sound.

to the poster above remember how i was gonna adjust them for flatter response so i can hear it in the beginning the bass kick in faster which means its playing lower then ever. plus the graph doesnt lie ;)

JimJ
04-07-2007, 06:23 PM
I've never liked the setups I've heard that have been RTA'ed and EQ'ed to flat. Sounds lifeless and dull to my ears.

joetama
04-07-2007, 06:53 PM
I am amazed that you can distinguish 20 hertz frequencies from other frequencies when a melody is played.

As for hooking stuff up wrong. I am bad. I am worse about measuring poorly.

I am amazed that he can distinguish 20Hz when he can't here something as obvious as a speaker wired out of phase.

As I have said my ENTIRE life 'everyone is a sound man'...

I've never liked the setups I've heard that have been RTA'ed and EQ'ed to flat. Sounds lifeless and dull to my ears.

Indeed it does, but have you ever heard a setup out of phase? :laugh: I bet you didn't like that either..

dumple
04-07-2007, 06:55 PM
as you should FEEL that way

azbass
feel

CRAZYCORNUTS18
Indeed it does, but have you ever heard a setup out of phase? I bet you didn't like that either..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1loudsuv
04-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I am amazed that he can distinguish 20Hz when he can't here something as obvious as a speaker wired out of phase.

As I have said my ENTIRE life 'everyone is a sound man'...

Indeed it does, but have you ever heard a setup out of phase? :laugh: I bet you didn't like that either..

remember i have side firing subs about 6 feet away from each other it doesnt make to much of a difference but hey you seen my post's where i was complaining about my towers not having enough low bass.

iamamp3pimp
04-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I wouldht have posted this thread dude, lol

u had to know this was coming.

iamamp3pimp
04-07-2007, 07:02 PM
you have what seems a killer setup btw

1loudsuv
04-07-2007, 07:04 PM
u had to know this was coming.

yah i knew this was coming, but hey gives us all something to do hahahah

btw i need to get back to watching identity :) the dam lightning strikes sound amazing!

joetama
04-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Don't really know if I should take you seriously if you can't tell if it's in phase or not... :laugh:

iamamp3pimp
04-07-2007, 07:11 PM
you should.

it was an honest mistake.

**** hapens at times.

IamDeMan
04-07-2007, 08:38 PM
I've never liked the setups I've heard that have been RTA'ed and EQ'ed to flat. Sounds lifeless and dull to my ears.Interesting. I like them that way, except on hip hop/rap. I want to hear it the way it was produced. Of course I am far fro this goal currently.

60ndown
04-07-2007, 08:45 PM
ship me your towers with nice lows, and ill ship you some cheap *** 4" drivers = you

have same sound you have had all week.

phase pwns jou.

now go chek the wireing on the rest of the driverz

60ndown
04-07-2007, 08:46 PM
and your car

1loudsuv
04-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Interesting. I like them that way, except on hip hop/rap. I want to hear it the way it was produced. Of course I am far fro this goal currently.

yah the flatter it gets the more realistic sounds sound during movies. i aint close to a flat response yet but getting closer and as soon as my room treatment comes in i think that should help.

1loudsuv
04-08-2007, 03:11 PM
so today i did some more playing around with it. found out i gain .6 db from 35-50 hertz and 1 db 15-30 hertz if i face the subs in rather then both out like ive always had it

and i thought i was out of spl testing hahahaha

i was wrong that was only with one speakers actually with both i gained 2 dbs from 15-30 hertz and .9 35-50hertzfrom the previous two tower test god dang i can tell more of a difference then when they where out of phase lol and the bass is tighter no more boomy bass

CaliforniabOY5
04-08-2007, 03:14 PM
lol @ the title.

tapout
04-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Sounds pretty stupid...

Grammar Nazis should atleast get their own correction post right.

spelled not spelt :graduate: