PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Opinions on Good Coaxials

travolta
04-06-2007, 02:42 PM
I currently have a pair of the cdt cl 61A component speakers w/ tw-24 tweeters installed in my truck, but my installer messed up when he was connecting my component amp (an orion 4002) and now my mids are blown. I want to get a new pair of coaxial speakers and just wire them to the crossovers already installed in my truck, and was wondering what you guys would suggest. Do you guys think this is a good idea? Also what speakers would you recommend keeping in mind that they are going to be powered by an Orion 4002 (100x2 @ 4 ohms).

Thanks

Prowler573
04-06-2007, 02:47 PM
You're wanting to get a pair of coaxials and attach them to the midwoofer output on the CDT passive crossovers that came with the component set?
Am I reading that right?

Additionally - if an installer screwed up your midwoofers due to something he did during your amp install I would be going back to him and demanding that he make his screwup right rather than downgrading myself to a set of coaxs rather than the good comps I had because of someone else's mistake ~ but perhaps that's just me...

genxx
04-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Make them replace the **** speaker. I would not let them install anything else. Once you get them to replace the speakers just keep your set-up replacing the speakers. Get another shop to fix what they screwed up o just fix it yourself.IMO

Twistid
04-06-2007, 03:19 PM
ya dude go back and threaten to burn the place down if they dont make it right

but back to topic, i like my kicker ks's :)

travolta
04-06-2007, 04:25 PM
You're wanting to get a pair of coaxials and attach them to the midwoofer output on the CDT passive crossovers that came with the component set?
Am I reading that right?

Additionally - if an installer screwed up your midwoofers due to something he did during your amp install I would be going back to him and demanding that he make his screwup right rather than downgrading myself to a set of coaxs rather than the good comps I had because of someone else's mistake ~ but perhaps that's just me...

Ya you are reading that right, would that be ok? Also the installer is a good friend of mine and is doing my whole system for free. He said that he'd pay for the new speakers, but I don't really want to **** him over since he's put in so much free work on my truck, so thats why I was just wanting to get some new mids.