PDA

View Full Version : Do Planet Audio speakers ****?.....and....new rear speakers in xterra...

allen121
04-05-2007, 11:44 AM
I have a set of neo650's by Planet Audio in my rear (xterra) and I think I might have blown one. I kinda got stuck with these because not all 6x9's fit and the place installing my memphis audio amp had them, so I just got 'em (3 years ago). I was just wondering what the opinion was on this brand by some people who might know.

Also, now that I blew one, I will most likely be replacing them. I have a new Pioneer P690-UB head unit, Memphis Audio MCA2004 amp, and CDT CL61 components in the front. The Memphis amp is pushing 50x4 (I'd almost like to get an amp that was 100x4, but the good ones seem pricey for me at the moment). I am thinking maybe the CDT CL-69 mid-subwoofer might actually fit in the back (I have (i think) about 3.5" mounting depth). Any other ideas for this setup? Also, if I got the CL-69's, would I use the sub out option on the Pioneer for them, or just the rear output?

thxs

allen121
04-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Also, how would Focal 6.5's compare to CDT's (any, CL to start) for mid-bass woofer in the rear?

Max_Power
04-05-2007, 09:54 PM
a couple of years back I heard some of their subs and was impressed......I never heard any of their speakers though.....so I kinda wont help.

From what I've heard Focal speakers aren't the cheapest, but they have pretty nice quality....