PDA

View Full Version : Compo recommendations for Dance music(140ish BPM)

ani
04-04-2007, 04:28 AM
I know the listen before you buy is the best way of judging a speakers performance. Just thought I would get your recommendations though

Seems like the consensus here is to ditch a rear fill and go with front comps+a subbie in the rear. I might just go with that !

If thats the case I want recommendations for a good 6.5" comp with clear mids and also the mid bass driver needs to PULVERISE the sound hehe. Will feed em with sufficient juice.

Note : My choices are limited, I must buy locally or get something when I travel in Asia. You guys are spoilt for choice(and price!!) in the USA :greedy:

headless
04-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Without knowing exactly what you are capable of getting locally, it's hard to recommend anything.

That said, order some rainbows and forget about the local market.

captshiznit
04-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Note : My choices are limited, I must buy locally or get something when I travel in Asia. You guys are spoilt for choice(and price!!) in the USA :greedy:

Yeh i know they are its rediculous like MB Quart pce 150's here in the UK are almost triple the price than in the US.

jmanpc
04-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeh i know they are its rediculous like MB Quart pce 150's here in the UK are almost triple the price than in the US.

You're close enough to Germany... go raid the MBQ factory, and grab me a QSD213 set while you're at it! :D

ani
04-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Without knowing exactly what you are capable of getting locally, it's hard to recommend anything.

That said, order some rainbows and forget about the local market.

Available easily : Sony / Pioneer / EFX / JBL / Kicker / Hifonics
Infinity / Hertz / Polk

The odd vendor has old stocks of brands like Diamond / Focal / MTX /

Finally someone who shares my problem. :suicide:

jmanpc
04-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Check out the Kicker SS comps or the Polk SR

djdilliodon
04-04-2007, 02:41 PM
why not just buy from the US and have it shipped ?

JoeHemi57
04-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Available easily : Sony / Pioneer / EFX / JBL / Kicker / Hifonics
Infinity / Hertz / Polk

The odd vendor has old stocks of brands like Diamond / Focal / MTX /

Finally someone who shares my problem. :suicide:

Hertz

Gary S
04-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Check out the Kicker SS comps or the Polk SR

- I agree with those choices, along with Cerwin Vega V-Max 65 and the new Precision Power PPI 356cs.

However, since you want to buy locally, Pioneer Premiere TS-C720PRS might be your best bet... like the others, they have a cone that will handle complex music, and will give you the best bang for the buck. But Pioneer is widely available, there are dealers everywhere. Even if your local Pioneer dealer does not have them in stock, they can probably order them for you.

ani
04-08-2007, 10:50 AM
why not just buy from the US and have it shipped ?

Way too expensive bro, shipping + customs etc.

Hertz

Iv been leaning towards hertz HSK 165 very closely.

- I agree with those choices, along with Cerwin Vega V-Max 65 and the new Precision Power PPI 356cs.

However, since you want to buy locally, Pioneer Premiere TS-C720PRS might be your best bet...

The recent pioneer stuff never impressed me, it is definately VFM and i honestly have had no experience with the model you mentioned so I will try and audition these.

theothermike
04-08-2007, 09:28 PM
rainbow germs?

DejaWiz
04-09-2007, 10:29 AM
rainbow germs?

Or even the SLC265 Kick.

And I also agree with the Polk SR and the 720PRS sets.