PDA

View Full Version : component set question

dumple
04-03-2007, 11:00 PM
ok so i took all day to get my component set installed diamond d661s and i go to test them and there is no sound the amp turns on and doesnt go into protect i dont know really much about component sets i just got them and in a trade im pretty sure the ohm loads are ok they are like 5ish on a crappy dmm on the wires that are going to my amp which is a zxi 6406 anybody know someting i dont to why they wont work :verymad:

dumple
04-03-2007, 11:08 PM
ahhh

PatFitz9
04-03-2007, 11:09 PM
use the crappy dmm to see if the outputs on the amp is putting out power (ac mode)

bri487
04-03-2007, 11:16 PM
you can also plug in a tone generator to the inputs on the amp to eliminate the possiblity of the rca's being bad or the head units outputs being bad. if youre amp powers up, most likely its not a voltage issue, but for kicks, you can test the power leads at the amp, remember DC. then the outputs, AC. or if you want to check the outputs on the deck, those are DC as well.

ruger
04-03-2007, 11:17 PM
i traded you those component sets.
i got them in a trade but they were sitting in the box since i got them
and never tested them out.

i guarantee everything i sell, we can work something out if it ends up that
the components are bad.

dumple
04-03-2007, 11:18 PM
i know im getting good voltage yellow top 180 ea alt and my other amp is working dandy

dumple
04-03-2007, 11:20 PM
i traded you those component sets.
i got them in a trade but they were sitting in the box since i got them
and never tested them out.

i guarantee everything i sell, we can work something out if it ends up that
the components are bad.

yea its ok im gunna go take a look at them and test another speaker on the amp
shallowfu says it might have a relay stuck so the speakers arnt getting any sound im gunna go see whats up

bri487
04-03-2007, 11:26 PM
i know im getting good voltage yellow top 180 ea alt and my other amp is working dandy

then why would you want to check the leads that are going to the amp?

ruger
04-03-2007, 11:26 PM
ok let me know what happens.

if the components are shot, we can work somthing out.

pm sent

bri487
04-03-2007, 11:29 PM
yea its ok im gunna go take a look at them and test another speaker on the amp
shallowfu says it might have a relay stuck so the speakers arnt getting any sound im gunna go see whats up

a relay stuck? in passive crossover? if the amp is turning on, then most likely the outputs on your deck are bad, bad inputs on the amp, bad rca's, bad connection somewhere along the way. for kicks, just switch the rca's from your other amp to this one, just to see if you have any sound at all. keep the volume down.

dumple
04-03-2007, 11:46 PM
i switched the rcas from my sub amp and still no output im gunna see what happens when i put the rcas on the rear out put from my deck

dumple
04-03-2007, 11:47 PM
if it is the relay thing anyone know where to look for it on a zxi 6406 ?

btw he said it might be stuck becuase of static durring shipping

dumple
04-04-2007, 12:17 AM
somethign is up with the amp i guess im gunna start lookin for a nice little 2 chan amp