PDA

View Full Version : sound imaging

mavrix
04-03-2007, 07:41 PM
so it seems the common consensus is to use only two channels worth of speakers, all set in the front doors, so that it sounds as if the audio is in front of you.

i guess my question here is, how do you make sure everything up there is imaged correctly?

also - my hu has a mic where it can set up a time delay for the rear speaks. even with this, should i still just use fronts?

Sythlord79
04-03-2007, 08:05 PM
If your using it in the 240sx, you'll only need the fronts. Its a small enuff vehicle where you dont need the rear stage.

Components are always best way to go with imaging is a concern.

mavrix
04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
actually going to be moving my gear into a '93 ford explorer - how about in there?

req
04-03-2007, 08:13 PM
you put them in your car and take like a small blanket or something (assuming you are making kickpods) and put the speakers on the blankets (left and right)

and stuff them in there so the rear wave is absorbed by the blanket.

then move them around till they sound the best :)

60ndown
04-03-2007, 08:13 PM
really good imageing and stageing is very hard to acheive, unless you want to win competitions for sq i wouldnt bother even trying, mount your speakers where you enjoy them and where its easy. but you only really need speakers in the back if you have passengers regularly. if not just a nice set up front works well

Sythlord79
04-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Ive been told in larger vehicles, as a rule.... you should supply less than half the power to the rear speaker as you do the fronts.

for example: if you give 150watts per channel for the fronts, you should provide 75watts or less to the rears as long as they match the suggested RMS to the speaker.

So still, focus on the fronts the most. Purchase an amplifier to power the fronts and maybe run the rears off ur stock H/U.

iamamp3pimp
04-03-2007, 08:22 PM
some people just like the sound coming from all around them, its all in wha you like.