PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding something specific

Shortbuskid
04-03-2007, 04:35 PM
My boss wants me to come up with something for his house so that when his neighbors dogs bark, he can push a button and have it blast out tones that only the dogs can hear.

So a few tweeters that can extend that high (above 21000hz), a home amp that can drive them properly and ill make pods for them.

Does this sound possible?

goodstuff
04-03-2007, 04:42 PM
My boss wants me to come up with something for his house so that when his neighbors dogs bark, he can push a button and have it blast out tones that only the dogs can hear.

So a few tweeters that can extend that high (above 21000hz), a home amp that can drive them properly and ill make pods for them.

Does this sound possible?

Yes. But you will need to know the freq's the dogs will respond to...and who knows if the end result will make them be quiet or if they will bark more...

Gary S
04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
I would do a search... there is probably something on the market for that already. Should work... should irritate them. They might start to howl if he leaves it on too long, LOL. Also, what about insulating the house/walls so he can't hear the dogs? Or build a wall on that side of the house?

phyphoestilic
04-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Theres a buncha house sound deadener for that, but it isnt really cheap. Specially when u have to do the whole side of a house.

nbudros
04-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Dog whistle??

File a noise complaint towards the person with the dog, legal action > physical these days

Shortbuskid
04-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I think I found what Im looking for....

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=RB1

21000hz is what a dog whistle is. Hes trying to get a super version of that lol

Gary S
04-03-2007, 05:35 PM
I think I found what Im looking for....

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=RB1

21000hz is what a dog whistle is. Hes trying to get a super version of that lol

- Rat Blaster Varmint Repeller Kit.

I knew there had to be something like that out there. Poor dogs, LOL!