PDA

View Full Version : 2003 S10-lowered...looks cool but BUMPY *** HELL!! HELP!

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 01:33 AM
I cut 1/3rd of the coils off, drop spindles and leafs but, man........what can I do to eliminate that bumpy *** ride I have now???? ANything?

btlking
04-03-2007, 01:34 AM
I cut 1/3rd of the coils off

ur dumb

mtlhead
04-03-2007, 01:35 AM
are you retarted?

hatemonger
04-03-2007, 01:36 AM
i have the same truck. wouldn't fvck it up like that.

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Whos retarded, the one who asks a legitimate question or the one who replies with a pointless post?

If you can help, help, if not, keep to yourself.

retards.

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 01:37 AM
i have the same truck. wouldn't fvck it up like that.

dude, big deal, I cut the coils, it isn't ruined you guys lol, come on......:)

btlking
04-03-2007, 01:38 AM
you asked how to fix your problem the problem is you so remove yourself and problem solved

hatemonger
04-03-2007, 01:38 AM
dude, big deal, I cut the coils, it isn't ruined you guys lol, come on......:)

they spew insults at you, i insult your truck, yet you respond to me?:laugh: you fvcked up

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 01:39 AM
you asked how to fix your problem the problem is you so remove yourself and problem solved

GENIUS! :rolleyes:

quakerroatmeal
04-03-2007, 01:39 AM
You're still the retard that cut your stock springs, and completely effed up your suspension. Now you must replace it with a whole new set of springs/shocks or full coilovers or airbag suspension if you want to lower it properly.

PS: Big deal? That's pretty dangerous to do. So lets say you're on the highway going 70mph or so and you hit a large hump, because you cut your stock spring coils, the suspension rate is completely off, your shocks are probably blown, you bottom out and your spring/shock doesn't travel back in time causing you to lose control and getting into a wreck?

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 01:40 AM
they spew insults at you, i insult your truck, yet you respond to me?:laugh:

You were the least offensive.

Come on you guys just help me out, **** this E-fight bullshit. We all gotta help eachother out right??

btlking
04-03-2007, 01:40 AM
GENIUS! :rolleyes:

hay your the one who cut your coils not me

hatemonger
04-03-2007, 01:41 AM
i'll probably lower mine 2 inches and put a body kit on it.

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 01:41 AM
You're still the retard that cut your stock springs, and completely effed up your suspension. Now you must replace it with a whole new set of springs/shocks or full coilovers or airbag suspension if you want to lower it properly.

I have shocks for lowered trucks too, forgot to mention that.

So drop coils should help you think...?

I wish I could afford to bag it right now.......but i heard that wont help much...???

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 01:42 AM
hay your the one who cut your coils not me

Thank god I'm not you.

skullsmasher
i'll probably lower mine 2 inches and put a body kit on it.

I ended up lowering mine 3 after all that.

btlking

I wish I could afford to bag it right now.......but i heard that wont help much...???

you heard wrong bag it and make sure your put shocks in it it will be the best ride if done right if done half *** then it will be 19x worse than it is now

mtlhead
04-03-2007, 01:43 AM
i think its hilarious that people think its awesome to **** up there car...when theres an easier and correct way to do something....

buy a suspension kit you idiot, you know you completely destroyed your stock suspension

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 01:43 AM
you heard wrong bag it and make sure your put shocks in it it will be the best ride if done right if done half *** then it will be 19x worse than it is now

THANKS!!! :)

quakerroatmeal
04-03-2007, 01:44 AM
You might have shocks for lowered truck, but they are for lowering springs, not stock springs that the coils are cut off. I have never been in a bagged vehicle but I heard it rides nice at any drop but I'm not positive. New sleeved coilovers / aftermarket shocks, lowering springs / aftermarket shocks, or full coilovers (spring/shock combo together) would be the choices or airbag suspension.

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 01:45 AM
i think its hilarious that people think its awesome to **** up there car...when theres an easier and correct way to do something....

buy a suspension kit you idiot, you know you completely destroyed your stock suspension

Thanks idiot :) now go say night night to mommy and put on your mickey mouse jammies, isn't it passed your bedtime? :laugh:

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 01:45 AM
You might have shocks for lowered truck, but they are for lowering springs, not stock springs that the coils are cut off. I have never been in a bagged vehicle but I heard it rides nice at any drop but I'm not positive. New sleeved coilovers / aftermarket shocks, lowering springs / aftermarket shocks, or full coilovers (spring/shock combo together) would be the choices or airbag suspension.

cool, cool......

btlking
04-03-2007, 01:46 AM
$1000 fully bag any s10 i know just did one and am doing another soon

mtlhead
04-03-2007, 01:46 AM
haha good one

im only 19 and i know not to cut the stock springs...your 24 and probably have GED and work at arbys...or as a dancing bear one of the two

btlking
04-03-2007, 01:49 AM
haha good one

im only 19 and i know not to cut the stock springs...your 24 and probably have GED and work at arbys...or as a dancing bear one of the two

woo good thing i have a hsed or i would so feel like a loser right now lol

mtlhead
04-03-2007, 01:49 AM
woo good thing i have a hsed or i would so feel like a loser right now lol

lol you dont count...your 17, probably a junior/senior in highschool? make sure u go to a good college

but honestly, why would you cut your springs...i just dont see the logic...they make kits to lower it for a reason man...

btlking
04-03-2007, 01:52 AM
lol you dont count...your 17, probably a junior/senior in highschool? make sure u go to a good college

but honestly, why would you cut your springs...i just dont see the logic...they make kits to lower it for a reason man...

i dropped out and got my hsed and now am going to mobile dynamics

mtlhead
04-03-2007, 01:53 AM
ah, good luck with that man

Blazin_Jason
04-03-2007, 02:12 AM
I cut 1/3rd of the coils off, drop spindles and leafs but, man........what can I do to eliminate that bumpy *** ride I have now???? ANything?

Haha, at least it looks cool right? That's all that matters. Why would chevy ever waste money putting a suspension in their vehicles? :confused:

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Haha, at least it looks cool right? That's all that matters. Why would chevy ever waste money putting a suspension in their vehicles? :confused:

No dude, thast not all that matters to me, I just didnt know it was gonna be this bumpy. Thanks for the help.

Army-Killa
04-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Wow a drop kit like 300 or so your gonna end up spedning alot more now. My advice take it to a shop and see what they can do for you. Your in Cali theres a million shops there for stuff like that. Lesson learned if you cheap out on stuff and do it ghetto, your truck its gonna turn out bad. Im sure theres a kit with new springs I just dont feel like looking for you.

Army-Killa
04-03-2007, 10:15 AM
oh yea ask the guys on s10forum.com they probably know a little bit more than some guys on a caraduio forum in this situation-

hypnotiq
04-03-2007, 10:21 AM
to cheap to buy the lowering springs??

revrider1
04-03-2007, 10:22 AM
I had a bumpy *** ride also untill I bought drop coils, spindles and my lower control arms. When I first dropped it, I did the same you did and the ride was ugly. Also, get a good pair of shocks.

Twistid
04-03-2007, 10:26 AM
if you want you can put hydraulic hopper springs in , instead of your regular ones, those ones you CAN cut, because there super stiff

you get them in 1 ton, 2 ton, 3 ton springs ect.. ect..

Twistid
04-03-2007, 10:27 AM

100% wrong

a bagged ride dropped rides like pure ****... or lifed completly is so bouncy you have to be carefull around corners + speedbumps ect... ect..

jdawg
04-03-2007, 10:44 AM
you should be ok even with a full wrap cut in front, your bad ride is more than likley coming from the back. Your frame is probably flat on your axle, go look. Best thing to do is take off the rubber bumpstop, then there is this big tower thing that is like another 2" tall. Cut that off so you just have frame. This will give you 4" or more of travel in the back. Buy air shocks for $50 and just pump them up till you have a good ride and your frame wont hit the axle. Should ride alot better after that. I have been doing this for years. I lowered my first S10 in around 1999 or 2000 or so. here are some links with pics to help ya http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f198/pictures-steps-how-cut-bumpstop-brackets-off-690/

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f12/static-drop-faq-how-tos-part-s-other-helpful-static-drop-info-185055/

jdawg
04-03-2007, 10:54 AM
oh just reread, you cut 1/3 of the coils off, big no no. No more than a wrap at all times. You are more than likely sitting on bumps in the front too. Get some drop springs for the front. They are cheap. Or go to the boneyard, get some springs, and cut no more than a wrap, cut it where the old one stops too so it sits in the pocket the right way, the pockets aernt flat.

quakerroatmeal
04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
100% wrong

a bagged ride dropped rides like pure ****... or lifed completly is so bouncy you have to be carefull around corners + speedbumps ect... ect..

And that is why I said I am not positive. Stiffer springs does NOT mean you can CUT coils off anyways. That just ruins the **** spring-rate that the spring is suppose to support. You're not suppose to cut off any coils to any springs. I never seen springs that lets you cut coils off em. Stiffer springs means a uncomfortable ride also btw. Get something in the softer-rate, but not too soft to where its bouncy.

btlking
04-03-2007, 04:25 PM
100% wrong

the only one 100% wrong here is you the only way your ride ***** is if you half *** a bag setup. put shocks in it and its the best ride

Eugenics
04-03-2007, 04:32 PM

you need lowering springs. theres not enough rebound (i forget my terms here) because you cut a third of the coils

azbass
04-03-2007, 06:07 PM
why do people still cut their stock springs and expect it to be good.

how dumb can you be?

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 06:43 PM
to cheap to buy the lowering springs??

I just had no idea it was gonna make that much of a difference :(

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 06:45 PM

how dumb can you be?

SHUT-UP. I had to learn one way. ****, you feel tough now? :rolleyes:

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 06:46 PM
you need lowering springs. theres not enough rebound (i forget my terms here) because you cut a third of the coils

Yea, makes sense.....thanks.

azbass
04-03-2007, 06:48 PM
i asked how dumb can you be, am i suposed to be tough?

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 06:48 PM
you should be ok even with a full wrap cut in front, your bad ride is more than likley coming from the back. Your frame is probably flat on your axle, go look. Best thing to do is take off the rubber bumpstop, then there is this big tower thing that is like another 2" tall. Cut that off so you just have frame. This will give you 4" or more of travel in the back. Buy air shocks for $50 and just pump them up till you have a good ride and your frame wont hit the axle. Should ride alot better after that. I have been doing this for years. I lowered my first S10 in around 1999 or 2000 or so. here are some links with pics to help ya http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f198/pictures-steps-how-cut-bumpstop-brackets-off-690/

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f12/static-drop-faq-how-tos-part-s-other-helpful-static-drop-info-185055/

Hell yea man, thanks. I am pretty sure the rear is hitting the rubber stopper.....

I think Im gonna get drop coils, cut the rubber and we'll see after that I guess....

skullsmasher
04-03-2007, 06:50 PM
i asked how dumb can you be, am i suposed to be tough?

Cause thats just rude. You are obviously being rude for some reason so I assume that it is to make yourself feel better. Maybe you have personal issues. Try helpin someone instead of making rude comments like "How dumb can you be" ie "That wasnt a good idea man, you need to do ______ and ____ if you want to solve your problem". Common sense and courtesy, guess you were never taught that.......

azbass
04-03-2007, 06:54 PM
let it go meng, dont have to write a novel.

azbass
04-03-2007, 06:56 PM
and what makes me feel better about my self is knowing that i did some research on how to properly and safely lower my car, and not go cutting my stock supension and then ask a car audio forum why my ride now *****.

mtlhead
04-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I had to learn one way.

google might have been cheaper man...

bigbangtheory
04-04-2007, 11:41 PM

how dumb can you be?

x2!

I mean my god what a retard!

skullsmasher
04-05-2007, 12:03 AM
x2!

I mean my god what a retard!

F*** you too.

jdawg
04-05-2007, 12:17 AM
cutting springs can be done, ex. my buddy had a corolla trd, had all the lowering stuff already on it, the back always sat like half an inch lower, I cut the dead wrap out of the front, sat level then. No squeaks, no rubbing, no noise, been driving for like 6 years now. But cutting 1/3 of the coils, ...........

crunktimes.com
04-05-2007, 12:23 AM
McFly, McFly wake up! Don't cut your stock springs McFly <whack>

jdawg
04-05-2007, 12:33 AM
McFly, McFly wake up! Don't cut your stock springs McFly <whack>

lol
I dont reccomend it either, back when i was into minitruckin, like 8 years ago, lowering springs cost like $120 plus shipping, now they are like $40 plus shipping, just buy some

bigbangtheory
04-07-2007, 11:15 AM
F*** you too.

u first:fro:

skullsmasher
04-07-2007, 12:59 PM
yo mama

CRAZYCORNUTS18
04-07-2007, 01:13 PM
SHUT-UP. I had to learn one way. ****, you feel tough now? :rolleyes:

Cause thats just rude. You are obviously being rude for some reason so I assume that it is to make yourself feel better. Maybe you have personal issues. Try helpin someone instead of making rude comments like "How dumb can you be" ie "That wasnt a good idea man, you need to do ______ and ____ if you want to solve your problem". Common sense and courtesy, guess you were never taught that.......

F*** you too.

yo mama

dude respect the ca.com elders

skullsmasher
04-07-2007, 05:21 PM
dude respect the ca.com elders

respect is earned not given.

bigbangtheory
04-08-2007, 11:15 AM
respect is earned not given.

Ditto, so take some advice nutjob!

skullsmasher
04-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Ditto, so take some advice nutjob!

Lol, you just keep proving why noone should respect you lmao. :rolleyes: :laugh: what a loser.....

Death By Bass
04-08-2007, 07:33 PM
this was a joke, right?

I couldn't be bothered reading the whole thing.

skullsmasher
04-08-2007, 07:37 PM
this was a joke, right?

I couldn't be bothered reading the whole thing.

then why even reply?

Death By Bass
04-08-2007, 07:41 PM
then why even reply?

to ask if it was a joke.. I thought that was pretty bloody obvious!!!

skullsmasher
04-08-2007, 07:49 PM
to ask if it was a joke.. I thought that was pretty bloody obvious!!!

****, an audio newbie can't ask any questions here without gettin harrassed by you guys !!??

Whatever, kill it.

Death By Bass
04-08-2007, 09:17 PM
****, an audio newbie can't ask any questions here without gettin harrassed by you guys !!??

Whatever, kill it.

what does being an audio newbie have to do with being an idiot?

azbass
04-08-2007, 09:19 PM

or lowering a truck

tukn18s
04-08-2007, 09:59 PM
just bag it...

skullsmasher
04-08-2007, 10:30 PM

What does you making comments have to do with anything? Lemme guess, yer 27 years old, live with mom and work at blockbuster and in your spare time, you try to compensate for your feminine appearance and persona by being rude and acting "cool" on the internet.....? Good for you!! Tell yer mom I said hi by the way :)

Scoobydoo
04-09-2007, 02:28 PM
haha, he cut his springs and is suprised the ride is bumpy, priceless!

i wanna see a picture of this s10

jhubbell
04-17-2007, 11:05 PM
If you want to fix your truck cheap, then just go to a salvage yard pick up the coils cheap as hell (same thing i did when I cut my coils) then put 4 inch drop blocks in the back and depending on what size drop spindles you have just sell em and get new ones that will drop it more, basically all you can really do to drop that thing without bags is to put 3" spindles up front and 4" blocks in the back without comprimising ride quality too badly, just make sure to get that thing aligned properly, because throwing spindles in there will really *** up your aligment to the point where it is very dangerous to drive while there are puddles on the road (trust me)

bigbangtheory
04-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Lol, you just keep proving why noone should respect you lmao. :rolleyes: :laugh: what a loser.....

I am not the one making a thread about my 2003 lowered s-10 looks cool, but is bumpy as hell! Well wtf did you think it was gonna be like riding on freshly paved road? I mean you cut the springs you tardnugget! Get a clue and go learn how to properly lower a vechichle and then come back and make a thead that is worth a dam! All you are doing is making yourself look like a complete assmunch!