PDA

View Full Version : windows down

ledzeppac
04-02-2007, 06:11 PM
I drive with my windows down all the time unless it is raining... I'm in Orange County so it never rains.

I need some comps that will mount coaxle/braxial style.

Are there any other choices besides the kicker KS series or the CDT convertables?
If not, then go with CDTs?

These will go in the doors by my feet in my Buick Grand National. No sound deadening and I havn't picked out an amp yet(still cant decide:suicide: ).

combo suggestion?

thank you

danz24
04-02-2007, 07:32 PM
i don't think there are speakers that are specifically meant to be run with the windows down..

what size?

ledzeppac
04-02-2007, 08:22 PM
haha well I didnt really mean it that way.... I just meant that my window are always down, not a sealed environment which is optimal... Also, would it be a waste of money sound deadening the doors if they windows are always down?

Kicker KS
CDT convertables
Memphis??

Need 4 channel too

$400 ish

ledzeppac
04-03-2007, 03:16 AM
haha well I didnt really mean it that way.... I just meant that my window are always down, not a sealed environment which is optimal... Also, would it be a waste of money sound deadening the doors if they windows are always down?

Kicker KS
CDT convertables
Memphis??

Need 4 channel too

$400 ish

Waste of money to go with more expensive comps??

Leaning towards Memphis 5.25...

maybe alpine pdx 150X2

All in 87 Buick

Gary S
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
....would it be a waste of money sound deadening the doors if they windows are always down?

- no.... it will still help keep the doors from rattling.

I would look at Polk SR series, Kicker SS series, Cerwin Vega V-Max 5, or the new Image Dynamics ceramic series.

These are designed to sound good when used as a coax... most are not and have response errors.

ledzeppac
04-04-2007, 03:54 AM
- no.... it will still help keep the doors from rattling.

I would look at Polk SR series, Kicker SS series, Cerwin Vega V-Max 5, or the new Image Dynamics ceramic series.

These are designed to sound good when used as a coax... most are not and have response errors.

I think im going with the memphis msnc5...

Deciding on amp now.

Alpine PDX 150.2 sounds interesting

chucku
04-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Deadening made a world of difference in my truck. You can only get so loud with out it. Dont rule it out even if your windows are down, as it seems to keep sound inside your car which is better for you, and people around you who might not want to hear it.

ledzeppac
04-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Deadening made a world of difference in my truck. You can only get so loud with out it. Dont rule it out even if your windows are down, as it seems to keep sound inside your car which is better for you, and people around you who might not want to hear it.

Yup.. ill deaden the doors.

Stil lcant dedcide on an amp though

chucku
04-04-2007, 09:17 PM
The pdx is a small amp that puts out alot of power witn minimal heat. Id try it out if you can afford it..