PDA

View Full Version : How much diference will i hear?

trunks9_us
04-02-2007, 05:38 AM
how much difference will i hear when i go from factory speakers to comps?
A example will be the rainbow germ.
I mean i am using a after market hu and a multi channel amp & sound deadening the doors also. My thing is the only upgrade i have done on one of my old cars in the past was like switched to pioneer 3ways that was my first car i has and i did notice difference but how much will i notice a % plz. so i will be using a zapco dc reference 1000.4 for my multi channel. I am just curious will i notice a trendmous difference or slight? I also ask this cause i want to see if my gf will notice it. Do yall think my gf will notice the difference as well? i mean she is a blonde but yea.... she thinks i am just wasting my money and i want to upgrade her speakers after mine but she wants to see if she will notice a difference or not. some opinions would help since she is a blonde and all shouldnt she still be able to notice?

63mopar
04-02-2007, 06:09 AM
A deaf person could tell the difference between stock and Rainbow Germs. If you seriously need to ask this question Germs might be a bit out of your league.

trunks9_us
04-02-2007, 06:10 AM
no i know i will tell i am just wanting my gf to tell the difference

genxx
04-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Not sure on that, My wife can tell if she really wants to. She faks it and tries to play it off so I won't win the conversation on spending the money.

Eugenics
04-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Not sure on that, My wife can tell if she really wants to. She faks it and tries to play it off so I won't win the conversation on spending the money.

tell me about it

J31Rob
04-02-2007, 08:26 AM
*whip cracks in the background*

lmfao, jk. :) tha difference will be night & day..

JimJ
04-02-2007, 08:28 AM
but how much will i notice a % plz.

Yeah, we can quantify vague and abstract concepts with exact percentages.

You've been reading too many "60 percent SPL, 40 percent SQ" threads...:)

They'll be a difference. How much depends on your install skills more than anything. And even if she does notice a difference, who's to say she'll like it...some people just don't see the need for spending that kind of money.

PatFitz9
04-02-2007, 08:34 AM
hear a difference? yeah it will be different. but nobody can tell you what you like or dislike. if there was a single best, than everyone would like it and there would be no dispute. to most people, spending money on a stereo doesn't make sense.

DejaWiz
04-02-2007, 04:55 PM
If you are wanting to actually listen to music (detail) as opposed to hearing it (noise), then Germaniums will impress over factory speakers every time.

Which is why I think building a system geared more towards SPL is a complete waste of time and money. Why hear it when you can listen to it?

You've already got the deadening done and your Zapco will provide just about the perfect amount of power to really bring a set of Germs to life. I vote go for it and biamp them.

16.6V
04-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Your Rainbow components might be a downgrade over factory speakeres. It depends on the car you are driving...

DejaWiz
04-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Your Rainbow components might be a downgrade over factory speakeres. It depends on the car you are driving...

???

I fail to see how Rainbow Germaniums would be a downgrade to factory crap... in any vehicle. Except maybe for those obscure and ultra rare supercars that maybe only 2 or 3 people in the entire continental US own. But even then....

mike dressure
04-04-2007, 12:09 PM
as stated before it will be a night and day differance depending on the install at hand and your skill's to be able to complete it with out having the normal flaw's of a non-experienced installer. the point of this would be if you dont have the proper tool's or knowledge of how to install the product's then take it to a shop or just keep your stock system and dont waste the money. i hope it turn's out to your advantage. wish i could afford the germ's lol

16.6V
04-06-2007, 01:09 AM
???

I fail to see how Rainbow Germaniums would be a downgrade to factory crap... in any vehicle. Except maybe for those obscure and ultra rare supercars that maybe only 2 or 3 people in the entire continental US own. But even then....

You can have factory alpine F1 speakers in an AMG Mercedes :confused:

DejaWiz
04-06-2007, 09:28 AM

Yes. But that in no way means that a properly installed and imaged set of Germaniums won't destroy them. ;)

UndercoverPunk
04-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Yes. But that in no way means that a properly installed and imaged set of Germaniums won't destroy them. ;)

I think you're giving the OP too much credit.

Seriously though... man up and do it. If your g/f wants you to work on her **** later, then you'll have proven your point. If not... who cares?

helotaxi
04-06-2007, 10:21 AM

Which aren't the end all be all of speakers.